“Great turkey pesto sandwich!!!”

The Tall and Small Cafe
Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Antigonish
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Reviewed 29 August 2013 via mobile

Fresh, tasty ... Just plain yummy!!! It is a basic ambiance -- somewhat eclectic but the food is consistently awesome!!

Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

I went to university in Antigonish and one of the only things I miss is the turkey pesto sandwiches from The Tall and Small. Everytime I drive through, I make sure to stop!

Reviewed 23 August 2013

This is a must stop on any visits I make to Antigonish. Their coffee is amazing and food is so fresh and delicious. Their baked goods are unreal and anything else I've had there for lunch was also amazing. It's got a lot of character and a must stop in Antigonish!

Reviewed 4 August 2013

The long line can only be attributed to the lack of competition. I had a latte that was average, and later in the day a smoothie that was less than average (referring to the taste, never mind that the fruit kept clogging the straw LOL!) The service was NOT friendly either time we stepped in - no smiles, some talk happened between some staff and what we guess are local residents - but even then staff didn't offer a smile - not even when we gave them our smiles. Washrooms weren't clean. Given the experience, while standing in the long line, we decided to not have lunch here. Seems like there's an opportunity for competition that knows customer service - and cleanliness - to do well on this strip of Antigonish. Or, ...the Tall and Small could take what's said here, and grow from it. Best of Luck!

1  Thank jgwToronto
Reviewed 3 August 2013

Long line up for great food, but the place wasn't all that clean, from the bathroom to the tables to the coffee mugs. The AC was broken so the place was muggy! I had the East Indian wrap and it was delicious! The side salad was boring and the lettuce was wilted. I ordered a Latte with Almond milk and couldn't drink it it was so bad. My cup was dirty. My mother ordered a tea. It was made with tea leaves, but the tea didn't steep with the lukewarm water. Her cup was also dirty. We sent back the drinks, but didn't get an offer to get refunded for out $$ (you pay before you eat); we were brought luke warm water instead. I will go back because there appear to be many more healthy vegetarian items on the menu I want to try. Prices were vey reasonable too.