“True Maritime Hospitality”
Review of Claymore Inn

Claymore Inn
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Antigonish
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed at the Claymore Inn this past weekend for our daughter's graduation. We could not have chosen better accommodations. The rooms were spotless, the staff amazing, and the restaurant was very good and convenient. The Inn is located adjacent to a small shopping mall which includes a liquor store, grocery store and a pharmacy. We used all three...champagne, snacks, and advil the following morning. It was a great weekend! Thank you so much Claymore Inn staff! Actually, thank you to all of the people in Antigonish, you are so hospitable!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are fine. Clean and simple.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
HostAntigonish, Owner at Claymore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Thank you very much for your very kind words.They give us the encouragement to continue our efforts to provide high quality accommodations and service to all of our guests. Our staff are often complimented on their friendliness and hospitality which makes me proud of them. I hope we have the privilege of serving you again in the future.

Ernie Curry

There are newer reviews for Claymore Inn

Reviewed 17 February 2013

I was there in 2012. I went there for a conference. I found a nice room with a clean bed. Staffs were so good. Breakfast was very nice. I liked it. It is close to everything. Pool was very nice and warm.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I found the Claymore Inn when I was looking for a place to stay. The tourist information was closed for the season when I arrived. As I had no balance on my mobile phone and apparently 1-800 numbers were not free of charge, I didn't want to look around for a place to stay.

I didn't regret staying the night at the Claymore Inn. It's a good accomodation. The room was clean and big enough for me with TV, bathroom (shower/WC) and double bed.
During the summer, there are certainly a few other options, but I can recommend this hotel. There are other amenities (a small pool), but I didn't use those.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank thor_74HH
Reviewed 11 November 2012

We were in town for a badminton tournament and decided to pay the extra for a higher end room. (Rather than one of the motels along the highway) A pool, spa area, free wi-fi and breakfast were indeed added incentives for booking. We were disappointed to learn the pool area was out of service when we arrived, and we were unable to get logged into the wi-fi for several hours. (The friendly staff did not know why, perhaps at that time there were too many users?) The room had been updated in recent years and the carpet removed. I liked this feature, as so many times hotel carpets show their wear and bother my allergies. Our room included two vouchers for $7 off our breakfast. The cafe had a good selection of items, and was presented well. Unfortunately, they don't open until 8 on the weekend so we almost had to for go the discount and go elsewhere as we were supposed to start playing at 8:30 but we opted to wait and eat quickly. The staff were great to help that along.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2012

This was my second trip to Antigonish and the hotel I had stayed in previously was booked. The staff there recommended the Claymore Inn, and I am very happy that they did. The room was clean and very comfortable. The staff were very friendly and the complimentary breakfast was fantastic. The Inn is right by the mall and restaurants. Easy access to the highway. Looking forward to my next visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2012

The staff at this hotel were wonderful. They helped us plan our trip and gave great advice.
After an excellent sleep and breakfast at the adjoining restaurant, we were on our way.
Great stopping off point and handy on the way to Cape Breton.

Room Tip: They have special "green" rooms for those with allergies
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2012

My husband and I decided to travel to Cape Breton and go around the Cabot Trail. We are the type to "chance" a room, so without a reservation anywhere we took off for beautiful Nova Scotia. We decided to stay in the Antigonish area for the night, as we took the exit for Antigonish, I spied the Claymore Inn & Suites, looks like a nice place sure enough rooms were available! Couldn't have asked for more....room was amazing! It was very clean, inviting, relaxing and decorated beautifully! Definitely would stay there again when travelling through Antigonish, NS. Felt like being in my own bed.....:).The restaurant excellent food!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryne P
HostAntigonish, Owner at Claymore Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at The Claymore Inn & Suites. I am pleased that we were able to meet your expectations and I look forward to an opportunity when we can serve you in the future.

Ernie Curry