Maritime Inn Antigonish
US$120
US$134
US$130
Hotels.com
Tara Inn(New Glasgow)(Great Value!)
US$86
TripAdvisor
Claymore Inn(Antigonish)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe ground floorstayed hereno elevatorsmall town hotelroom was cleanrestaurant downstairshotel restaurantlobster rollmain stcomfortable hoteldouble bedroomnice stopovertwo floorsgood sized portionsservice was quick and friendlyoffice chairvisit st
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Motel is on the main st in Antigonish. Convenient for everything in the town.

Motel rooms are modern and clean. Level of service was adequate, but not very personable.

Plenty of free parking.

Breakfast menu is basic. Nothing special at all.

Lunch and dinner menu is better.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Booked via Maritime Inn. They had an Internet special that offered free breakfast which we managed to get. Check in was friendly and efficient. However, given my sister is incapacitated and has trouble using stairs , we asked for a ground floor room. None were available but they provide us with 25$ voucher for food.

The room was decent if a bit outdated. Free Wi-Fi and large LED TV. The beds were comfortable. We had a good breakfast, eggs and bacon, and dinner was quite good too. Only thing is that this hotel doesn't have a pool or a gym.

The hotel is well located and close to the downtown area's restaurant. Plenty of parking.

Overall, we were still pleased.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We spent the night of 9/23/2013 at the Maritime Inn Antigonish. The accommodations were fine but in the morning there was no hot water. After contacting the front desk we were told that the entire hotel was without hot water and they were unable to say when it would be corrected. I understand that things can and do go wrong so when the other couple whom we were traveling with were told they would (and did) receive a $75 rebate I expected that my husband and I would as well. I contacted the manager Shawn Bodreau by email but received no response from him. I attempted to contact him again by email and I am receiving a "message undeliverable response" from that same email address. I'm sure the hot water problem is corrected but I am not sure what to make of a hotel that will not respond to an inquiry nor rebate one couple but not the other for the same situation.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
AntAdmin, General Manager at Maritime Inn Antigonish, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2013

I would first like to apologize for the inconvenience of the lack of hot water on the morning of your departure. I understand that an apology does not make up for the inconvenience, and I am prepared to offer a discount. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further at your convenience. My email address is s.boudreau@maritimeinns.com

Again I would like to apologize, for any confusion, and the inconvenience caused by the lack of hot water, should I have been aware of your complaint, it would have been dealt with in a more timely manner. We certainly take pride in the satisfaction of our guests, and I assure you that this is not typical of our customer service standards.

Please contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this matter further.

Shawn Boudreau

Reviewed 24 September 2013

Every time we go here we are never disappointed. Food is always fresh and service is friendly,knowledgeable and fast.You can never go wrong eating here. We have several allergies and they cater to our every need.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 September 2013

checked in during late afternoon, the gentleman (whom used to work at the university) at the front desk was welcoming and knowledagable. The room was clean and had plenty of towels and tolietries. However the taps in the bathtub were very difficult to turn (we did leave a note on the comment card). The room was tastefully decorated. We booked on line and this was well worth while as two breafasts were included - great deal.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends