“Great stay”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Antigonish
sudbury ont
“Great stay”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

We were here last night and had such a great overnight stay that I booked again online after we were done doing the Cabot trail!Pearl the receptionist is such a sweet friendly lady, she gave us the same room we had last night and my doggie Gretel felt right at home as did we. If your looking for good value and excellent location with clean rooms and friendly staff ,this is the place to stay!
Thanks Pearl, if we are back next year we will be staying here and whale watching with your brother!

Room Tip: Room 120,very roomy and so many restaurants close by!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Swift Current, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here late May 2014. The exterior of Inn is lovely and well kept. We stayed in room 143 at back of property. The room may previously have been a kitchenette suite, as there was plug in for stove on one wall. The first impression walking in was that it was outdated and not super clean. The bed is facing directly to the door, so when door is opened you look outside into the parking area - people can see you in bed; was a bit uncomfortable. I think a renovation of this room would make a huge difference, as other traveller photos of rooms look much nicer. The bed was fine, the wi-fi was free but poor or non-existent connection. The gal who checked us in and out was kind and helpful. I think this inn is likely a good choice, but some rooms may be in need of reno - so ask to see room first.

Room Tip: Not room 143 at back of property.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

Pearl was so amazing! Thanks for making my family and I feel so comfortable! You even called our room a few minutes after we got settled to make sure we had everything we needed! Fab service and great room to boot! The bonus is also the location. Tons of eatery places within walking distance. If you are going to stay in antigonish heading to Halifax, skip the first couple motels as they are overpriced and not worth your time. Homeward inn is the best place we stayed since we started our Atlantic provinces road trip! Thanks again for everything Pearl!

• Stayed July 2014
New Waterford, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The Homeward Inns of Canada Antigonish is an amazing motel. The location is wonderful, within walking distance to the university and various restaurants. What really makes this motel is the staff and their courtesy towards their guests. The staff is incredibly nice, especially the manager David Cusack. He goes above and beyond to make sure you are happy with the room and is quick to volunteer attractions or places to go. All the staff I spoke to were unbelievably friendly and anxious for you to enjoy your stay. The rooms themselves are clean and have a fridge and microwave. The room included breakfast at the Snow Queen which was very delicious and filling with a nice small town atmosphere. I throughly enjoyed my stay here and would not hesitate to stay again and have recommended it to all my family and friends.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Amherst, Canada
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have stayed at this motel twice now and both times they have gone out of their way (Pearl at the front desk/reservations especially) to make sure everything is good for us. She even calls you in the evening to make sure everything is okay and /or see if we need anything. They have microwaves in all their rooms and now they have a small fridge in most of them. They even provide a bowl for you to put your snacks in. The rooms, beds, bathroom, everything is very clean and comfortable.This is a University town which is within walking distance. The room rates ($75 to $100 per night) are very reasonable. They have picnic tables out front for you to sit out and enjoy the fresh air. Both times we very welcomed. I used the free in-room wifi both days with absolutely no problems. The front room had a ceiling fan which was good while the back room had an AC unit and it was rather noisy.

Room Tip: I had a front room that was very large and quiet and this recent trip I had a smaller room in the ba...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Glace Bay, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel . Our experience started with Pearl at the front desk, a very friendly & pleasant lady ,the room was spotless. everything was within walking distance. I would recommend this inn to my family and friends. thank so much for a pleasant stay....

v .macneil & family

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Quebec City, Canada
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Pearl at the reception desk greeted us so nicely, her companion dog was a bonus.
The room was large, very clean, good internet connection.
The breakfast included in the room rate is 2 doors away, at The Snow Queen, and very good.
The motel has some of the lowest prices in town, and their location is close to everything
I did not know about this chain and I would look for them again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business