“Sum Good. Sum Bad”

Sense of Japan Fusion Cuisine & Lounge
Reviewed 27 July 2014

I have eaten here 20+ times. I usually get the chicken oyakodon (yo co don). My spelling might be off but it's a huge bowl filled with rice, topped with chicken fried in egg with onions. It's 12 bucks and comes with a miso soup and small salad. It rocks, the sushi is decent but lacks enough sea food. The service is pretty good but lacks a certain warmth. Worth checking out but value for my money can be a hunt.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

above says it all, all the food rocks but if there busy best to not go in because the service gets so slow, also some rude waiters and waitress's , great all u can eat deal for 20 dollars but it has a catch you pay an extra dollar for every piece of sushi u leave on your plate.

2  Thank JasonDSensation
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I was walking up and down main street looking at one pizza place after another when I accidently found this Japanese restaurant. It was 5:45 on Friday night when I went in. The staff all stood up and were very nice to me, the only patron. I ordered sushi and the chef came over and explained what he did and did not have which was very nice of him. I had an absolutely delicious meal with some tobiko on the side. Every piece of fish was the perfect freshness and temperature, the rice was perfect and of course the presentation was flawless. I really enjoyed my meal and will definitely be going back.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

I was so excited to find an authentic sushi place and was impressed by the flavours. However, the service was so rude that it ruined the meal. I have gone back many times because there was nowhere else to get sushi rolls. It came to the point that I felt like I was bothering the staff by eating there. If you order anything close to the last call, it is like the end of the world. It also seems to be a hassle for them to get you items on the all you can eat menu. I recently found out that Gabrieau's Bistro offers delicious sushi rolls, so I don't have to endure the rudeness anymore. I will never be returning to A Sense of Japan.

3  Thank Charles D
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The food is always awesome. The sushi pizza is to die for. The service is always awful. They are so unprofessional and amateur. It has not improved since the restaurant opened. Tonight there were only 3 tables and the server spent more time on her cell phone, texting, than waiting on us. I don't know if I can go back one more time to be ignored and served so poorly. Which is a shame as the food is so good. Maybe takeout would be a better option.

1  Thank Marie M