“Great Lunch”

Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Antigonish
Price range: US$8 - US$24
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Brownstone Cafe is a newly opened restaurant offering delicious and unique cuisine ranging from warm paninis and sandwiches to Mediterranean inspired dishes. Enjoy homemade desserts with fair trade coffee while taking in the beautiful ambiance of the extravagantly designed surroundings. The Brownstone Cafe is a licensed restaurant with an excellent selection of cocktails, spirits, beer and wine.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I've eaten here a few times and every time it is great! The Greek Souvlaki, Reuben Panini and all the burgers are some of the best I have ever had. The desserts are the best in town and the service is always great. I will keep going back again and again.

There are newer reviews for Brownstone Cafe

Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

As a local I love to try each new spot that turns up in this town. However, I have given this place 5 chances and each time I was left wanting more.. Lacking something.. Sometimes you go and the service is great and the food is not.. Other times the food is ok and the service is not.. I have tried different menu items each time and it lacks flavour and creativity. I do need to give credit to the nice bathroom, the other decor is a bit over the top.. Not to mention that your so close to the other tables it's hard to feel comfortable in this restaurant.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Service was quick to seat ( seat yourself) took awhile to have order taken and even longer to get the food. When the food came- I was shocked. My fiancé ordered a gluten free scotia burger, and what did we get.. a burger sandwich... A burger on two pieces of bread:$. I know gluten free in a restaurant is hard to come by and we appreciate every facility that offers this, BUT maybe explain what it is before someone orders it. We were expecting a gluten free bun, if we had known it was bread we would have tried something else. It fell apart right away and was not appetizing.
I ordered the pizza . thinking the dough would be great since Its authentic thin crust... It looked and tasted like frozen pizza crust ... And was dry.. No sauce. $13 for a personal size pizza that lacked flavor.

On a better note, the Greek salad was amazing!
Probably won't go back unless the quality increases.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I've had both lunch and dinner at this restaurant and have always enjoyed my meal. I'm gluten free and they specify the GF items on their menu. Excellent ingredients and almost always efficient wait staff. Only recently did I have a waitress who didn't listen well but the food was fabulous so I can over look that!!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Dropped in earlier this week for lunch with a co-worker and heard so much about the Brownstone Burger so I decided to try one; it was the best! A fresh good portion of beef topped with some fresh toppings. Then tried their chocolate fudge brownie for desert (whow!). Service was very good, and the owner came over to check in with us to see that we were satisfied. Definetly a place to recommend to any locals or visitors to the area.