“Cottages are Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Whidden Park Ltd.

Whidden Park Ltd.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Antigonish
Whidden Park Ltd.
Sydney, Canada
“Cottages are Top Notch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We've stayed in many places and I must say this has been by far the best place yet - SO clean and everything we needed was there ... right down to the salt and pepper ... my step son told me, "I could just stay here for ever" ... it was SO comfortable and within walking distance of a late night pizza/donair restaurant and also across the street from a great burger joint. we will definitely book again ... maybe even take the camper ...

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Scranton, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2010

I have camped here throughout the years---both in a tent and a motorhome. We stayed again this July, prior to the Highland Games. This now appears to be a spot where parents and the staff have no supervision as far as children are conerned. The kids are on bikes and child size motorized vehicles. These are ridden on sidewalks, up and down stairs, and left blocking the entrance to the washrooms. In the evening, groups of young teenagers gather. Their language and topic of discussion was totally unsiutable, though I did hear one staff member correct two boys when their language became more than colorful.
No one in our area, including us, could access the WiFi. The only comment from the office was that theirs was working.
If you are looking for a place with some rules governing behavior of children, this in NOT the spot for you.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ridgerunner28

Travellers are raving about these Antigonish hotels

Thompson, MB
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2010

As cyclists, we really appreciated this campground in the middle of a city. Absolutely fantastic amenties wise with wi-fi, an enclosed rec/community room with a mini kitchen (perfect for those of us staying in a tent).

Please note that this is a private campground and not up to the same privacy and site standards for a provincial or national campground. None the less, after spending some time in other private grounds this one definitely stands out.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ATHowse
cheshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2009

I did not like this place. The campground has a lot of campers and RVs as well as the cottages (we stayed in 1 of the 14 cottages). The pool is very small and was a serious health and safety issue. There were so many kids in it unsupervised that I couldnt let my kids go in it. Big teenagers were jumping in in groups at a time on top of the little ones and I could see a major accident happening. Lots of other parents were saying the same thing. I was talking to a couple of kids there - 3 siblings - who told me they werent staying on the site but were locals who were allowed to use the pool. Well, Im not suprised the pool was so crowded then as it isnt even big enough for the guests never mind letting all the local kids in it too.

Its not cheap at 160 dollars a night. It is staffed by teenagers who are unsupported and there are no rules followed at this site.

The air conditioning (it was 35 degrees everty day) was completelly ineffective and the cabin was horrendously hot and the air con was so loud it kept us all awake.

Dont stay here, your kids wont be safe in the pool, and its too busy.

The cabin was clean but sparse and every time I opened my blinds they fell off.

Its very basic - please dont waste your money staying here.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank tescoqueen
new york
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2007

Stayed at one of the Whidden's cottages while dropping of my son at StFX. The cottages are actually double wide trailers that are spacious and immaculate. The on-site staff were gracious and couldn't do enough for us. I will definately stay there every time I visit the school.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank stfx
Dover, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2006

My mother is a native of Antigonish and I have family who still live in town, but during big reunions, my family always stay at Whiddens. It is billed as a campground and it has some tent sites, but we rent a cottage. The cottages are really like double-wides that are nicer than some apartments I rented when I was young. They are spotless upon arrival and cleaned each day. You have every amenity and a very helpful staff. My children love their pool and playground and it has a nice family atmosphere. It is perfectly located on the corner of Main St, so you can walk to any store, restuarant and the International Highland Games. This is a gem that locals take advantage of with their visitors, and my only reluctance in writing this review is that I don't want Whiddens to become too popular.

6 Thank SiobhanM