“Nice ambiance and great value”
Review of Gabrieau's Bistro

Gabrieau's Bistro
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Antigonish
Cuisines: International
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Large menu for the size of the place and I'm sure there must be at least a few items that would suit anyone's tastes. Great value for the meals you receive. Large portions and good quality ingredients yet mid level pricing. You can't go wrong for the value. Friendly waiter who has been there since it opened just adds to the experience. Good choice if you're in the area for sure.

There are newer reviews for Gabrieau's Bistro

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I have been going here for 15 years and still consider it fantastic. I have gone numerous times in the past month and the consistency of service, food, atmosphere and value is outstanding. What more can I say? Food has flair, the staff are excellent and friendly, the atmosphere is gorgeous. Perfect place for a date, business or just hanging at the bar for tapas. Enjoy!

Reviewed 28 December 2013

We did not have a reservation but we were early, 5pm. They weren't real welcoming but did give us a table. Food was very good but the service could have been better - I remember having to wait for our server to come back, had to ask for more water, had to wait to take care of our bill after it was brought to the table. We were traveling on a whirlwind trip around Nova Scotia and did not really want to spend this much for dinner but it was recommended by our inn so we tried it out. Nicely appointed restaurant, good atmosphere and not loud, located on main street within walking distances of shops and parks.

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stopped here last summer, on our way to Cape Breton, for a meal. The waiter who served us was rude and disinterested to the point of being ignorant. When my wife asked him to describe one dish, prior to ordering, he gave a flippant reply. At the end of the meal he didn't offer desert or coffee and when presenting the bill threw it on the table and walked away. Although the food was good the service and attitude we received from this waiter made for a thoroughly unpleasant dining experience.

3  Thank flyingjib
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Last night, my wife and I had dinner at Gabrieau's Bistro and while overall the experience was better than average, I thought that for a $160 bill it should have been better. I started the flash fried calamari with mango mayo and it was a real disappointment. I asked for it to be undercooked as squids get rubbery quickly is overcooked. Well, they were rubbery, greasy and the sauce was 98% mayo. There is no excuse for a good restaurant to put the calamari directly from the fryer on the plate (how about putting the item on an absorbent paper for a few seconds?). My wife had the chowder en croute and it was very good. We both had different seafood main courses which were fine, but not outstanding. My wife's chocolate soufflé was excellent. Once again, I have to complain on the cost of wine at restaurants. Almost $50 for Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc is too much. The 2+ mark up is excessive