“Enjoyable visit”

30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Enjoyable visit”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I saw the sign for Two Rivers Wildlife Park when I was on my way to Louisbourg to see the Fortress. I made a note to go back to the Wildlife Park another day if there was time. The next day, after visiting the Cape Breton Miners Museum, we got back on the highway & headed to Two Rivers Wildlife Park. It wasn't a particularly warm day & most of the animals were active & visible in their compounds but I didn't get a chance to see a Moose, & that was kind of disappointing as I had hoped to see a Moose, whether it was in the wild or in this park, while I was in Nova Scotia. I was very pleased with the other animals that I did see & they all looked healthy & well taken care of, which is important to me as I don't visit these places very often. The wolves were very active & playful & it was nice to see the pack & how they interact with each other. We also looked at the petting zoo animals & they looked well taken care of as well! The only thing that I found annoying was some people were teasing the animals & when they were in the corner of their compound (away from people), they were trying to chase them out so that they would come out. A group of people were doing this with the cougars & it bothered me... If the animal is in the corner, & away from people & growling, leave it alone! You can still get a picture of it by using the Zoom on your camera!

Visited September 2013

Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Have you ever hand fed a moose?”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I love the wildlife park. So many local animals. My family goes several times a year, but our favourite visits are on Boxing Day to say thank you to the reindeer for all of their hard work, and in the spring when all the babies are born. THis was the first time I have ever seen wolf puppies!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Vanessa R
Sydney, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A great family outing”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I take my children to the wildlife park anywhere from 4-6 times a year. If yuo want to get the most of the day, go early (as soon as the park opens) while the animals are feeding and active. Take a picnic. there are lots of tables and it is a really fun family outing.

Visited September 2012
North Sydney, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Temperature determines if the Animals are available”
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We have come here several times and thought it was fun for an afternoon. Most of the time it seemed that the animals were hiding, so we didn't get to see all animals. Last summer was our first visit that we saw all of them, so that was very impressive and enjoyable. It's best to go with spring to early summer weather. More chance of seeing all the animals. They also hold different types of events for the kids which we've taken advantage of and enjoyed very much such as Easter Egg hunts and the Haunted Woods tour.

Visited June 2012
Glace bay
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Amimal Lovers”
Reviewed 20 November 2012

Best time to go is a cloudy day , animal tend to stay in shaded areas where you cant see them when it is hot and sunny,You can also bring a picnic basket and make a great family day adventure.You can also fish or let the children play in the park.

Visited August 2012