“Beyond Disappointing”

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beyond Disappointing”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Where to begin.

Perhaps with the fact that the entire park was incredibly unkempt. Most of the enclosures were overgrown, meaning what few animals were actually housed in their enclosures were difficult if not impossible to see. Adding to that the long grass made it a haven for insects. My friends and I were turned into a meal for mosquitoes.

The park is apparently understaffed. The only staff member we saw was at the toll gate, apart from one other person that we thought might have been working there, but who disappeared into a stable the moment we came into the barn area. We stood, watched, and took pictures of two clowns who had climbed under the boundaries to hand-feed potato chips to the bears in their enclosure. We were intent to have these idiots removed from the park only to find that there was not a soul to speak to.

In some minor defence of the bear-feeders, there were very few rules posted, and those that were posted have rusted or faded to the point they could not be read.

Overall the experience was a disappointment. One would expect significantly better from a privately funded wildlife park, especially considering there is not a single animal that does not have some kind of advertising sign posted on the front of their cage.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank SparkyFoxx
Anna S, Public Relations Manager at Two Rivers Wildlife Park, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
We at the park apologize that you did not enjoy your visit with us. We will take what you have said into consideration and be sure to improve our park in all possible ways.

We pride ourselves on being a wildlife park not a zoo. Our enclosures often feature a fair amount of growth so that our animals may feel comfortable and shelter.

Our animals have the tendency to hide on very warm and sunny days so that they may stay cool. You will have better viewing experiences on cooler cloudier days.

Glace Bay, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Wolves are friendly!”
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I went by the wolves I put my hand in to pet them and they starting licking me and they had some little wolf pups!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Brady M
Hamilton, Canada
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Enjoyable visit”
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I saw the sign for Two Rivers Wildlife Park when I was on my way to Louisbourg to see the Fortress. I made a note to go back to the Wildlife Park another day if there was time. The next day, after visiting the Cape Breton Miners Museum, we got back on the highway & headed to Two Rivers Wildlife Park. It wasn't a particularly warm day & most of the animals were active & visible in their compounds but I didn't get a chance to see a Moose, & that was kind of disappointing as I had hoped to see a Moose, whether it was in the wild or in this park, while I was in Nova Scotia. I was very pleased with the other animals that I did see & they all looked healthy & well taken care of, which is important to me as I don't visit these places very often. The wolves were very active & playful & it was nice to see the pack & how they interact with each other. We also looked at the petting zoo animals & they looked well taken care of as well! The only thing that I found annoying was some people were teasing the animals & when they were in the corner of their compound (away from people), they were trying to chase them out so that they would come out. A group of people were doing this with the cougars & it bothered me... If the animal is in the corner, & away from people & growling, leave it alone! You can still get a picture of it by using the Zoom on your camera!

Visited September 2013
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Have you ever hand fed a moose?”
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I love the wildlife park. So many local animals. My family goes several times a year, but our favourite visits are on Boxing Day to say thank you to the reindeer for all of their hard work, and in the spring when all the babies are born. THis was the first time I have ever seen wolf puppies!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Vanessa R
Sydney, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A great family outing”
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I take my children to the wildlife park anywhere from 4-6 times a year. If yuo want to get the most of the day, go early (as soon as the park opens) while the animals are feeding and active. Take a picnic. there are lots of tables and it is a really fun family outing.

Visited September 2012