“Small, simple, lovely”

Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was right next door to our hotel, so we went here before reading any reviews and really felt we had gotten lucky. There's a nice variety on the menu, and, although we were ill (bad colds, not the restaurant) and only wanted chowder, we could see what others who still had taste buds were eating. The chowder was rich and full of fish and not heavily salted, over-salting being something that happens far to often with restaurant chowder. We happened to run into friends who were here and they were obviously enjoying their meals with gusto. Tiny and slow service, but, hey, this is Cape Breton, fast doesn't enter the picture here. Staff were friendly without being cloying. We would have gone back for a real meal once we felt better, but, unfortunately for us, they were closed on Sunday night. Next time we're in Sydney we'll go back.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Many of my friends ate here so I recommended it to my brother when he was visiting last week. My Mom & brother & I ate there and the service was "very attentive", the food a flavour delight. I had the "flavour bomb" and this was a tasty delight, especially if you like Jalapeno peppers and guacamole. My family had the "poppin patty", one in a wrap and one on gluten free bread. The wrap was definitely a winner! The coffee was very good also. For desert my brother had a cookie drizzled with chocolate and Mom & I shared the cheesecake (gluten free). Wow! We arrived a little before noon, which was a good thing as a cruise ship was in port and the restaurant filled up fast. I really wanted to try the pizza soup but opted for desert instead. I will come back another time for this! I thought the owner (it appeared to be or a management type) could have been nicer to his staff. I overheard him answer our waitress and it seems dismissive. She was an awesome waitress, I wish I got her name. There is so much to taste on this menu that you would have to return again and again!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

A small friendly restaurant close to the centre of downtown Sydney.

We aimed for a light meal and opted for main courses only, choosing battered haddock, sauted potatoes and roasted vegetables and Thai chicken red curry with rice which included a generous portion of vegetables.

Beware that portions are large. The food was well cooked and appetising. The Pinot Grigio and Shiraz house wines which we tried were good and good value for money. Total cost, pre service, including the equivalent of a bottle of wine and one coffee came to $82.

If staying on in Sydney we would definitely come back.

Reviewed 11 October 2013

My girlfriend and I heard a lot about Flavor and decided to try it out. The restaurant looks nice, and the outside sitting area was where we decided to sit. After waiting ten minutes for a waitress on a day where there were maybe five customers, we finally had the chance to order.

We waited for over forty minutes for our food to arrive and it wasn't hot. It tasted alright, but definitely not worth such an extremely long wait. In all, we were there for over an hour just waiting for our food. I'd like to go back and figure out why it's such a highly recommended place.. maybe it was just a bad day for them.

1  Thank Jeremy W
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

Small place but worth a wait if there is one. Third best meal in the Maritimes during our recent trip. And that's saying something because in 10 days all the meals were great.

1  Thank WmECamp