“A nice hotel”

Hearthstone Inn Sydney
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Only stayed one night, so can't say much for the facilities. It was a good place to drop for the night and leave in the morning. Staff were very friendly and the breakfast was served quickly and tasted wonderful which made for a great start to the day. Plenty of food options nearby and a good centre base for many of the local attractions in this area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SparkyFoxx

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The room was clean , bed was excellent . The staff were very friendly ! The price was great ! The pool was nice and clean ! I was surprised to find kids around 10 or 11 unsupervised there ! I left because with no parents they were acting like kids do ! The free breakfast was great , my one complaint was ,while breakfast was free , we had to pay for tea and coffee ! I could understand if juice or milk was extra ,but have never been charged at a free breakfast for a hot beverage . Over all we were pleased and would stay there again ! I have a very bad back so find a comfiest bed was a huge plus!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zelda H
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The friendly staff and the newly renovated lobby/restaurant are very inviting and welcoming. The rooms are clean and well decorated, the bedding and curtains are all new and fresh. I had one of the best nights sleep that I ever had as the bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have slept in. I will certainly being staying at this hotel again on my return visits to Sydney.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Francis M
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I recently stayed at the Quality Inn in Sydney. My company had work in the area and they were able to accommodate my crew and I .All together there were 30 of us staying there. All staff were friendly and the food was great.
The rooms were very comfortable and clean. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone.
Thanks again and I hope to return!

J Murphy
SAExploration Canada

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank jack m
Reviewed 7 November 2013

As frequent guests of Quality Inn on Kings RD, my self and my husband always choose to return to this location for a number of reasons.From the Housekeeping Ladies to Kitchen/Dining Rm staff to the Front Desk Staff and off course I can't forget to mention the AMAZING MANAGER(TREVOR).All of the above go that extra mile to make you feel at home which always makes it a pleasure to keep returning.I would highly recommend this accomations to anyone looking for a place to stay while in the Sydney or surrounding area.This is a place where you can feel at home while away from home.Hats off to everyone at the QUALITY INN.Oh the renovations are amazing also,just saying.Happy Happy Guests,,,Bernadette MacLellan and Earl Chaission.We will be back for sure.

Room Tip: If mobility is an issue use main floor rms, they are all amazing.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bernadette M
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed here with elderly relatives and the staff gave us an easy access room, it was a relief indeed. The room was clean and comfortable and the location was great for us. It's quiet and the restaurant was empty but we had a pretty good meal there....staff there was great too. Finding front desk staff was difficult when I needed them and I wonder if they have too many tasks on their plate....it's nice not to have to wait for someone to show up so you can check in....

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank novascotiamemories
trevor m, General Manager at Hearthstone Inn Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Hello and thank you for staying with us. It is my goal to do the best I can and my hope is that the Staff do the same. I apologize for you having to wait, it is not our expectation and we want to be there for you upon check-in. We have recently made a few changes on our Front Desk as well as some training and we hope this does not happen in the future. Thank you and please come back again, I am sure you will be pleased with the progress we have made.
Trevor W.McPhee

Reviewed 18 October 2013

Recently booked in this Quality Inn for 10 days on business. The hotel is under renovations but (they) didn't interfere with the day to day stay. The rooms are comfortable and a fair size. We ate the free breakfast every morning... 3 choices from a menu. The food was hot and very good... the service was also some of the best I have had in awhile. Thank you Veronica! My only complaint is you have to pay for the coffee -- which should be included :-)
We had a few minor issues initially which I reported to the front desk and then later to the GM Trevor M who took our issues very personally and quickly rectified the problems. We were graciously compensated for being locked out of your room the 2nd last night (had to move rooms)
The front desk staff need a bit of polishing in customer service skills but all in all the hotel is easy to find/clean and obviously the GM takes complaints very seriously.
Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Cambridge Suites - Sydney
#7 of 7 in Sydney
18 mi away
Point of View Suites at Louisbourg Gates
At The Harbourfront Bed & Breakfast Inn

Been to Hearthstone Inn Sydney? Share your experiences!