“Dissapointed”

Hearthstone Inn Sydney
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had always stayed at this hotel when it was quality inn and were very pleased.,however our last stay on June 27th was a big dissapointment .The quality inn used to have a nice restaurant and we always had a very nice dinner there so this time we even invited friends to join us .
The dining room was not opened and we had to go to the pub where the food was terrible .
Then when we checked out I KNOW I know I left a small charger for my dell tablet on the bedside table and called the next day and was told by the girl she couldnt check and maids were gone so they would call me in am .I waited and no call came .I made 3 calls in all as I was unable to use my device .By the time I finally got to talk to someone of course it was not there ......Needless to say we will NOT be returning to that hotel on our next trip to Sydney !

4  Thank Marie030

Reviewed 14 July 2014

The service was good however rooms were needing updating. After 20 attempts we finally got key card to open door. This happened with each entry to room. TV had poor reception and worked intermittently. Carpet was awful and dirty looking. We wouldn't take our shoes off. Bathroom was worst part. Tub was obviously not cleaned from last occupant. Hair and soap all over tub. Toilet wasn't working properly as it needed several flushes to actually work and then seemed as though it would over flow. Hair and dirt over floor. The only thing good was the bed, was clean and comfortable. The pool inn hotel was ok. Facility wasn't very clean overall. The lack of air conditioning in hotel was surprising as the place was hot stuffy and smelly. We wanted to take advantage of pool but wouldn't as we didn't want to shower in a filthy tub. This hotel is in desperate need of updating and us a poor representation of the "Quality Inn" chain as we have stayed in several of these hotel chains and all were top notch. The last thing that was disappointing was the hot free breakfast. Food was good but tea and coffee and juice etc not included?? So after paying $14 for 3 coffee and 1 small milk and 1 small juice and then a tip which brought us to just under $20, breakfast didn't seem that free for 1 egg and 2 strips of bacon and toast. The flies that were in the dining room was certainly an appetite spoiler. I would never recommend this location to anyone.

Room Tip: Don't rely on good deals with big chains. You get what you pay for.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
7  Thank Krista V
Hearthstone Inn S, General Manager at Hearthstone Inn Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear Krista,

Here at the Hearthstone Inn we strive to satisfy every guest. I am extremely disappointed in hearing about your stay with us. I want you to know that your opinion counts and that we have made many improvements in the short time since your stay. The complimentary breakfast now includes a beverage and the hotel started renovations. Management here is committed to the changes necessary for all guests satisfaction. As far as the housekeeping and maintenance issues I apologize and assure you that it is being looked into and preventative measures put in place to prevent any further incidents.

Thank you for sharing your experience and I hope to have the opportunity to serve you in the future.

Best Regards,

Gloria LeForte

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here for 3 days in latter June and early July. Nice rooms...nice staff. No complaints there BUT, after all my years staying in hotels that offer breakfasts in the rate, this is the ONLY place where the beverages are NOT included. We had to pay for coffee!!!! I could not believe it! As far as I am concerned, this is the epitome of cheap!! And the waitresses there are tired of being questioned about it. If you are offering a free breakfast, why cheap out and make the patrons pay for coffee...all this does is undermine the perception of the customers. Do yourselves a favor and make the coffee and tea part of the free breakfast. At the very least, make it known to the patrons in advance so that the waitresses do not have to listen to the same complaint day in and day out. It certainly is not fair to them!

Room Tip: There are other places that offer a better complimentary breakfast.
7  Thank Glen A
Hearthstone Inn S, General Manager at Hearthstone Inn Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us. We know that without the opinions of our guests we could not ensure great customer service.

We will take your suggestions in consideration when revamping our menus and complimentary services to our guests. I have also shared your thoughts with my management team and ownership for review. Meantime, I have requested that our staff take more time upon check in to explain to our guests exactly what is included in our free breakfast. This should help with the serving staff. Again, thank you for expressing your thoughts while staying with us here at the Hearthstone Inn!

Reviewed 6 July 2014

The staff at this hotel are friendly and helpful. The room was spacious and very clean, the bed was extremely comfortable. There is a guest laundry and the complimentary wifi works well. There is plenty of parking for the car. There is a complimentary breakfast, but be aware that drinks and tip are not complimentary. The food in Reilly's lounge is very good and the waitress was excellent. The location is great for visiting the main sites in the area and the staff at reception are very happy to help you with directions and suggestions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gazza53255060
Reviewed 4 July 2014

Excellent staff were there to help out with even the simplest of questions. Would have avoided the pool even if there was time to visit it. However, clean room and simple layout with breakfast that was served quick and made it worth the stay for the semi-reasonable price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ashley M
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Only stayed one night, so can't say much for the facilities. It was a good place to drop for the night and leave in the morning. Staff were very friendly and the breakfast was served quickly and tasted wonderful which made for a great start to the day. Plenty of food options nearby and a good centre base for many of the local attractions in this area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SparkyFoxx
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The room was clean , bed was excellent . The staff were very friendly ! The price was great ! The pool was nice and clean ! I was surprised to find kids around 10 or 11 unsupervised there ! I left because with no parents they were acting like kids do ! The free breakfast was great , my one complaint was ,while breakfast was free , we had to pay for tea and coffee ! I could understand if juice or milk was extra ,but have never been charged at a free breakfast for a hot beverage . Over all we were pleased and would stay there again ! I have a very bad back so find a comfiest bed was a huge plus!

1  Thank Zelda H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Cambridge Suites - Sydney
Spanish Bay Inn and  Suites
Hotel North
Hotel North
#1 of 4 in North Sydney

Been to Hearthstone Inn Sydney? Share your experiences!