1,540 results
All reviews trio restaurant rooftop patio separate bedroom living area harbour view comfortable bed a great place to stay great room hot tub hotel restaurant front desk staff excellent hotel free breakfast excellent stay cape breton hot breakfast nova scotia
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Our stay in late August of this year was a comfortable one. We are a family of five; utilizing two suites for four nights, who were visiting relatives and dropping our youngest at Acadia University. Staff was friendly and accomodating, particularly in the restaurant.
We left early (5:00) a.m. and did not, unfortunately, take the time to review our bill.
Upon review, we discovered that we were charged for parking our rental vehicle in the Cambridge parking lot. We were very surprised, and not pleased to be charged for utilizing the parking lot while we were guests of the hotel.

I e-mailed the hotel to express my dismay and received the following automated response on September 18, 2011 from Michele Bianchini | General Manager | Cambridge Suites Hotel Sydney:
'Thank you for sending in your feedback. You can view the survey you submitted online. I appreciate your time. We'll get back to you shortly.'

When I had not received any further communication from the hotel by October 1, I e-mailed again. I received this automated response to my second e-mail:
'Hope you are enjoying this wonderful fall weather. As a member, I will be attending the Hotel Assoctiaotion of Nova Scotia Annual golf tournament on Thursday. On Friday I have the difficult task of attending the NSLC annual wine show, looking for wonderful wines to offer our guests at TRIO. Back in the office on Monday, October3rd.'
Michele Bianchini | General Manager | Cambridge Suites Hotel Sydney

To date, I have not received any further communication from Cambridge Suites or Michele Bianchini, General Manager. - Must have been quite the wine party!!!???

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank nacool
Reviewed 12 October 2011

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Cambridge Suites. Staff was super helpful and friendly. The suite was great. Well worth the money.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
CSSydney, Sales at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2011

Dear R P,

Thank you for your kind words - sometimes it doesn't take a lot of words to say so much and we appreciate your review.

Glad you enjoyed your time here and we hope that you will come back soon.

Reviewed 19 September 2011

Very well situated hotel in the heart of the City. The restaurant in the hotel (Trio) was excellent, reasonably priced and staffed by competent and knowledgeable people. We ate there on both the nights we stayed at the hotel and were very pleased. The free continental breakfast was more then sufficient.

The location on the Esplanade and views of the harbor were great. I was very impressed by the staff and front desk people. They were very helpful and went out of their way.

This is a good location to act as a base to visit the Miner's Museum in Glace Bay and Fortress at Louisburgh. Both are well worth visiting. The hotel is also two blocks from the sports cener and casino.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear tesiman,

Thank you for this glowing review.

Someone said "Location, Location, Location", and they are so right, it is so easy to get to anywhere on the island and downtown from this property and the view of the Sydney harbour is panoramic.

Glad to hear you enjoyed trio it has become very popular with our guests and locals alike! I will pass on your comments to the employees in the departments.

Thank you for visiting with us and please come back soon.

Reviewed 13 September 2011

Three of us booked a one BR suite, expecting an experience similar to the Halifax Cambridge Suites. Nice Surprise. The suite was VERY spacious. Its condition was excellent. The bathroom was set up so that there were two entrances into a vestibule in front of the bathroom door, so sleepers were not disturbed by night-time bathroom trips. We wished that the CS in Halifax had been this nice. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends

Dear topsy123,

Thank you for continuing you Cambridge Suites journey to us here in Sydney.

We are so happy that you enjoyed the roominess of the suite and the functionality of it. Three people can quickly fill up a space so we are glad you were comfortable in the space.

Come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed in this hotel in March 2011 and were treated like royalty. The staff were friendly and accommodating to a fault, the rooms were super clean, and beds very comfortable. The location is central and one can walk to many local stores and attractions. I would recommend to anyone visiting the area. Restaurant on site which is also superb. Price was comparable to most 4 star and above, but you get value for your money here.

Room Tip: ask for water side when booking, also if there are sports tournaments booked same time, could be a bit noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family

Dear Anne B,

We are so glad to hear that our product and service made you feel so special.

I will ensure that your comments get sent to the staff as they love hearing feedback about their performance, they a re very proud when they make a guest happy.

Location is key to any successful property and we are fortunate to have some of the best views in the city and walking to shopping and venues is great.

Trio is also one of my favorite places to eat as well although I am stuck on the Tuna, it is all delicious. Thank you for trying it out!

Guests who shop around the city for accommodations are usually pleasantly surprised to find that they can get a full one bedroom suite with separate bedroom and kitchenette with Complimentary Continental Buffet Breakfast and Free Wi/Fi here for only $10 - $20 more than what our competitors charge for a basic hotel room. We are so glad you felt the value.

Thank you for your recommendation and we hope you will come back to see us soon.