By far, a lot nicer hotel than the Delta ( read my review on Delta from previous stay ).
These are both older, downtown hotels. The Cambridge however has kept pace and up to date.
The suite feel is really nice, especially for longer stays. Very spacious with separate kitchenette and living area, bathroom and then bedroom with doors than can separate room if there are more than one guest.
Most recent stay was on the lower level which was great, you can walk out to your car without elevator or walking through the lobby which is convenient.
I requested a quiet room, as I always do and upon arrival found that I was located directly next to the elevator and ice machine.
When I went to the front desk to change, staff proposed I could stay on the lower level, almost as if it would be less than. I actually found this to be nice and quiet which is my biggest need in a hotel......next to cleanliness.
Staff is really engaged and look to make your stay enjoyable, even the cleaning staff. When leaving my room to check out, I bumped into the Chamber-maid in the hall with whom I had a great chat. She seemed genuinely interested to know whether I enjoyed my stay, nice touch.
Restaurant/bar is great. I ate 3 meals while there and all were a hit.
The restaurant is actually a draw to local business people as one of the nicer venues in town.
"For now" alludes to the fact that Hampton Inn is opening a new hotel on Membertou First Nation which is a couple miles out of the downtown core. I'm big fan of Hampton/Hilton so I expect I will staying there going forward as downtown location is not vital to me while in Sydney.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A hotel with the freedom of more space, in the heart of downtown Sydney. Welcome to the unique experience of Cambridge Suites Hotel, where you enjoy the special added comfort and spaciousness of a suite without spending more than the price of a hotel room. Perfectly located in the heart of downtown Sydney, Nova Scotia, our suites provide an extra measure of comfort during business trips, a leisurely vacation or an extended stay. Check into something more comfortable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelClick, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cambridge Suites - Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cambridge Suites - Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Cambridge Hotel Sydney
- Cambridge Suites - Sydney Nova Scotia, Canada