1,516 results
All reviewstrio restaurantrooftop patioseparate bedroomliving areaharbour viewcomfortable beda great place to stayhot tubhotel restaurantfront desk staffgreat roomexcellent hotelfree breakfastexcellent staycape bretonhot breakfastnova scotia
Reviewed 13 December 2011

The Cambridge is an excellent choice in Sydney. Great value, superb location and wonderful staff. I was here as part of a business meeting and stayed just one night but everything was terrific. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 27 November 2011

By far, a lot nicer hotel than the Delta ( read my review on Delta from previous stay ).

These are both older, downtown hotels. The Cambridge however has kept pace and up to date.

The suite feel is really nice, especially for longer stays. Very spacious with separate kitchenette and living area, bathroom and then bedroom with doors than can separate room if there are more than one guest.

Most recent stay was on the lower level which was great, you can walk out to your car without elevator or walking through the lobby which is convenient.
I requested a quiet room, as I always do and upon arrival found that I was located directly next to the elevator and ice machine.

When I went to the front desk to change, staff proposed I could stay on the lower level, almost as if it would be less than. I actually found this to be nice and quiet which is my biggest need in a hotel......next to cleanliness.

Staff is really engaged and look to make your stay enjoyable, even the cleaning staff. When leaving my room to check out, I bumped into the Chamber-maid in the hall with whom I had a great chat. She seemed genuinely interested to know whether I enjoyed my stay, nice touch.

Restaurant/bar is great. I ate 3 meals while there and all were a hit.

The restaurant is actually a draw to local business people as one of the nicer venues in town.

"For now" alludes to the fact that Hampton Inn is opening a new hotel on Membertou First Nation which is a couple miles out of the downtown core. I'm big fan of Hampton/Hilton so I expect I will staying there going forward as downtown location is not vital to me while in Sydney.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rickmcns
CSSydney, Reservations Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Thank you "rickmcs" for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the larger suite on our lower level which was most accommodating for you. Although you are a big fan of the Hampton that will be opening sometime in 2012, I hope that you will consider us once again. Thank you,
Reservations Manager

Reviewed 17 November 2011

We travelled to Sydney to visit family on Remembrance Day. After a wet and windy drive, we were welcomed by the Front desk staff in their usual friendly manner. We were quickly processed and off to our top floor room. We did use the hot tub and sauna to warm up after getting soaked by the rain. We enjoy the large, clean suite with seperate bedroom, the kitchen facilities as well as the toiletteries.

We enjoy the Continental Breakfast and like the chioces offered. The staff is always friendly, smiling and eager to make your visit excellent.

The Cambridge Suites is always our first choice when travelling to Sydney!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jacobh
CSSydney, Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Thank you jacobh for your comments. We're glad you enjoyed your stya with us over the long weekend! We hope to be of service to you in the future!

Reviewed 3 November 2011

Knew nothing about the place when booked. Liked the location. Turned out to be a great stay. Rooms were very comfortable and spacious. Pool, sauna and gym were used quite extensively. Staff were very helpful giving us advice on what areas of the city to see. Restaurant in the hotel had good variety on menu particularly seafood. Free buffet breakfast in the morning that was surprisingly good and a lot to eat. Only complaint was the stay was a little pricy but if you are prepared to spend you will enjoy

Room Tip: We had a suite. were travelling with teenagers. were able to have our own private room
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Rob B

Thank you bryants04 for your comments. We're glad you and your family were pleasantly surprised with your accommodations. The suites are great for families as they are very spacious and welcoming. We hope to have you stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 25 October 2011

Cambridge Suites Hotel recommended by friend who used it for visitors to his Company. We have enjoyed staying there twice, finding it excellent on both occasions. Staff very helpful and friendly and Hotel centrally based between sizeable Hotel car park, picturesque bay and nearby shopping streets. We had a suite with excellent views from both bedroom and lounge windows and enjoyed watching liners embark and disembark from nearby harbour (8-10 minute walk). Bring binoculars ! Comfortable suite. Lounge with seating, desk and small kitchen. Bedroom with large and very comfortable bed, leading to wardrobe area and bathroom. Adequate storeage for our 9 night stay. Very good Hotel restaurant which we found ideal for entertaining. Welcome points included basement computers, free local phone calls and efficient lifts to all floors.
P.S. Clothes shopping- Mayfair Shopping a 2 mile drive. Enter on right hand side of Hudson Bay Company store. Eating out - try nearby Flavours Restaurant in Pitt Street. Entertainment with yearly Celtic Colours Festival in early October provides a good reason for visiting Sydney and surrounding areas.

Room Tip: We always book a fifth floor suite with harbour views.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple

Thank you bymiddles for your comments. We're glad you enjoyed the spacious, waterview suites as well as the convenient downtown location for shopping and dining. The suites are very comfortable for long term stays such as yourself. We hope to be of service to you again in the future!