1,541 results
All reviews trio restaurant rooftop patio separate bedroom living area harbour view comfortable bed a great place to stay great room hot tub hotel restaurant front desk staff excellent hotel free breakfast excellent stay cape breton hot breakfast nova scotia
Reviewed 30 December 2011

The Cambridge Suites hotel is my favourite place to stay in Sydney N.S. The recently redecorated lobby and rooms are fresh and inviting. what stands out at the Cambridge Suites is the friendly, attentive, and well informed staff. It is perfect for families because of the suite format , providing more room than a traditional hotel room. Each suite has a small kitchenette and a separate bedroom and sitting room with pull-out sofa. There are two T.V.s so kids and adults have their own space and entertainment. The Trio restaurant at this hotel has a great menu - not the usual fare. The roasted beet salad is so good , as well as the calamari and the garlic mashed potatoes. I definitely recommend the Cambridge Suites - the great staff and the clean , modern rooms make you feel special.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
CSSydney, Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Thank you for your feedback! We agree that we have a wonderful staff at Cambridge Suites that will attend to your every need. We have always been a popular destination in Sydney for families as our suites are very spacious and accommodating. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 15 December 2011

We stayed Dec. 2 and 3rd, 2011 at the Cambridge in Sydney. First of all, we booked a suite for four. We arrived late looking forward to a cup of tea - there were 2 cups, no milk. No kleenex in the room. Had to make the pull out sofa ourselves. No batteries in the remote for the Tv in the sitting room. Two only of toiletries for four of us.

Also, my CAA card was only honoured for one night - the excuse being, it was because Jerry Sienefeld was in town. The room cost $179.,00 per night and we had to pay for parking. The only good thing I have to say is that the continental breakfast was great and the staff in the restaurant excellent.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Pixie1941
CSSydney, Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Hello Pixie1941

Thank you for your comments as we do appreciate any feedback good or bad so that we may have an opportunity to make changes. First please accept our apologies for not having the necessary amenities you required in your suite. Our front desk /Housekeeping staff are always happy to provide any amenities required to be sent to the suites upon request as well as helping to make up the pullout sofa.
CAA discounts, like many discounts, are available based on availability at the time of booking. This particular time was a very busy time for the city and was unfortunately not available on certain dates.
We are glad you enjoyed our breakfast and we are very proud of all the staff here at Cambridge Suites as this is one of the many reasons that people keep coming back.
We hope that you will give us another try!
Thank you for your feedback!

Reviewed 13 December 2011

The Cambridge is an excellent choice in Sydney. Great value, superb location and wonderful staff. I was here as part of a business meeting and stayed just one night but everything was terrific. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 27 November 2011

By far, a lot nicer hotel than the Delta ( read my review on Delta from previous stay ).

These are both older, downtown hotels. The Cambridge however has kept pace and up to date.

The suite feel is really nice, especially for longer stays. Very spacious with separate kitchenette and living area, bathroom and then bedroom with doors than can separate room if there are more than one guest.

Most recent stay was on the lower level which was great, you can walk out to your car without elevator or walking through the lobby which is convenient.
I requested a quiet room, as I always do and upon arrival found that I was located directly next to the elevator and ice machine.

When I went to the front desk to change, staff proposed I could stay on the lower level, almost as if it would be less than. I actually found this to be nice and quiet which is my biggest need in a hotel......next to cleanliness.

Staff is really engaged and look to make your stay enjoyable, even the cleaning staff. When leaving my room to check out, I bumped into the Chamber-maid in the hall with whom I had a great chat. She seemed genuinely interested to know whether I enjoyed my stay, nice touch.

Restaurant/bar is great. I ate 3 meals while there and all were a hit.

The restaurant is actually a draw to local business people as one of the nicer venues in town.

"For now" alludes to the fact that Hampton Inn is opening a new hotel on Membertou First Nation which is a couple miles out of the downtown core. I'm big fan of Hampton/Hilton so I expect I will staying there going forward as downtown location is not vital to me while in Sydney.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank rickmcns
CSSydney, Reservations Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2011

Thank you "rickmcs" for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and the larger suite on our lower level which was most accommodating for you. Although you are a big fan of the Hampton that will be opening sometime in 2012, I hope that you will consider us once again. Thank you,
Reservations Manager

Reviewed 17 November 2011

We travelled to Sydney to visit family on Remembrance Day. After a wet and windy drive, we were welcomed by the Front desk staff in their usual friendly manner. We were quickly processed and off to our top floor room. We did use the hot tub and sauna to warm up after getting soaked by the rain. We enjoy the large, clean suite with seperate bedroom, the kitchen facilities as well as the toiletteries.

We enjoy the Continental Breakfast and like the chioces offered. The staff is always friendly, smiling and eager to make your visit excellent.

The Cambridge Suites is always our first choice when travelling to Sydney!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jacobh
CSSydney, Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2011

Thank you jacobh for your comments. We're glad you enjoyed your stya with us over the long weekend! We hope to be of service to you in the future!