“Now my favorite hotel in Sydney.”

Cambridge Suites - Sydney
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed 10 June 2012

Very clean, comfortable & well priced hotel. Staff are friendly. Location is right downtown. Free wi if; free breakfast (although it is only cereal, toast/bagel, one choice of muffin & boiled eggs). Parking was extra but I was there on the weekend & there was plenty of free parking on the street right in front of the hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
CSSydney, Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you tshep42!! We agree that for what Cambridge Suites has to offer from everything to the friendly staff and convenient downtown location, Cambridge is very reasonably priced! We are so glad to now be your favorite hotel in Sydney! We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 28 May 2012

we have stayed many times at this hotel,The staff are always very friendly and helpful.The very first time we stayed at the Cambridge Suites,we had asked for feather pillows.Now every time we go,the feather pillows are always in our room.It feels like home when we stay at the Cambridge Suites in Sydney Nova Scotia.WE will definately go back again soon.

Room Tip: We had a harbour view room and it was lovely;.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
CSSydney, Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you Junebug57 for your comments! We are so glad that you enjoy Cambridge Suites! our staff make every attempt to make sure that each guests needs are tended to on their return stays and I'm happy to hear that your feather pillows having been placed in your suite upon arrival. One of the great reasons so many people return. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Friendly and professional staff. The rooms are modern, large and clean.
The floor plan of the room was fantastic - I could have accommodated 3 more people - comfortably.
The on-site restaurant had a great lunch selection and very tasty food.
The cost was 129$ a night and it included a continental breakfast.
Parking was a little bit of a hassle as the close the doors closest to the parking lot at 9 p.m. so if you have luggage you have it haul it up a hill to the front door.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
CSSydney, Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Thank you BiBi -Azim for your comments! We love our new modern look and spacious suites. We pride ourselves in offering our suites at the cost of a room and we have excellent staff as well!
Next time you're in, we would be happy to help you with your luggage or please unload out front before you park to make it a little easier as we do lock our side entrance in the evening for security reasons.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Cambridge Suites!

Reviewed 25 January 2012

Had an amazing surprise gift from my wife for Christmas-a trip to Cape Breton to see my family. SO the hotek was already booked . As always, the suite--a Harbourview--was great. Lots of room. nicely equipped, always clean and unbelievably friendly and acommodating staff. For a family I would still choose the Miller Suite, but this was perfect for me. Trio was also excellent--as always., Only issue, many teams of young guys--hockey? lots of slamming doors and running up and down stairs. But there is only so much any hotel can do to control that --it is the role of the adult supervisors to manage,

Room Tip: HArbourview Suite always gives a great view and a little more room. For a little luxury try the Mil...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank BrWo

Thank you BrWo for your feedback! Our Harbourview suites are the largest and best views of the Sydney Harbour. We are glad that you have enjoyed our Miller suite and hope that you'll get to enjoy the newly renovated Miller suite. Although not as large as the original, it is still unique and spacious overlooking the beautiful Sydney harbour!
We are proud to host many teams throughout the year and do not tolerate unessessary noise. We work with our staff and shaperones to minimize this to make for a pleasant stay for all guests.
We looking forward to having you back in the future!

Reviewed 16 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in December 2011. I chose this hotel for my trip to Sydney as I had stayed a number of times at the Cambridge Suites in Halifax and found it to be very nice. This hotel was fine. The staff was very friendly and loaned me an umbrella during a bad patch of weather. I enjoyed the manager's reception between 5 and 6 p.m. on Wednesday night which featured a free drink and warm nachos. I had a basic room with a queen-sized bed and partial view of the harbour. While the room was very clean and well-appointed, I was a little disappointed with its size (compared to its Halifax sister) especially in terms of closet space. The free continental breakfast in the lobby restaurant was sufficient (although, again, not as good as Halifax which included more items such as oatmeal). The breakfast does not start until 7 a.m., however, which was a little inconvenient for someone travelling on business. (In Halifax, it opens at 6:30.) I was not able to try the restaurant for dinner as it was completely booked up during my stay (which I understand is normal as it is popular with locals). Overall, I enjoyed my time here and would stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank dbakerca
CSSydney, Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2012

Thank you for comments. They are always appreciated!! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the amenities of the Cambridge Suites in Sydney. However, it is unfortunate that you were a little disappointed in your "room." As we are mainly a suite hotel, we do have a few called "Studios" which are indeed smaller than Cambridge Halifax. They certainly are cozy, but possible not the space you are looking for. We hope you'll come back to enjoy one of our larger One Bedroom Suites which I'm sure you'll find spacious and comfortable.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

I drove all the way from Quebec City and only needed to sleep at this hotel. Once I checked in and found my room shouting and screaming began in the hallways and slamming of doors. I called the front desk twice, but the disruption continued. Finally I was able to sleep at 3am. My ferry was at 10am so I did not get a good night sleep. I complained to the front desk with no satisfaction. I emailed the manager a few days after my stay and had no reply, no suggestion of a future discount or even an apology. I travel a lot and I travel with my son and we deserve to be safe and comfortable. This hotel could have changed my rating and opinion by some simple customer service policies. They could have offered to change my room when they couldn't control the noise, they could have offered a discount if not a free stay, they could have apologized, and most certainly the manager could have responded to my email. I will not recommend this hotel for my family, friends, or colleagues.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank ginakristan
CSSydney, Reservations Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2013

Hello GinaKristan...we are very sorry to hear of your unpleasant stay with us. This is not our standard as Cambridge Suites tries to make every guest feel safe, secure and comfortable. Our apologizes for not responding to your complaint as this was definitely an oversite on our part. We welcome every opportunity to try to rectify a problem big or small and this is no exception. We would love for you to allow us that opportunity in hopes that you will,in the future, return to Cambridge Suites for a more pleasant stay than your last. - Shannon

Reviewed 30 December 2011

The Cambridge Suites hotel is my favourite place to stay in Sydney N.S. The recently redecorated lobby and rooms are fresh and inviting. what stands out at the Cambridge Suites is the friendly, attentive, and well informed staff. It is perfect for families because of the suite format , providing more room than a traditional hotel room. Each suite has a small kitchenette and a separate bedroom and sitting room with pull-out sofa. There are two T.V.s so kids and adults have their own space and entertainment. The Trio restaurant at this hotel has a great menu - not the usual fare. The roasted beet salad is so good , as well as the calamari and the garlic mashed potatoes. I definitely recommend the Cambridge Suites - the great staff and the clean , modern rooms make you feel special.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
CSSydney, Manager at Cambridge Suites - Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Thank you for your feedback! We agree that we have a wonderful staff at Cambridge Suites that will attend to your every need. We have always been a popular destination in Sydney for families as our suites are very spacious and accommodating. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney
Spanish Bay Inn and  Suites
Hotel North
Hotel North
#1 of 4 in North Sydney

Been to Cambridge Suites - Sydney? Share your experiences!