“Great View!!”

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Sydney
Truro, Canada
“Great View!!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Stayed here for two nights. Food and service were very good, hotel is being renovated, lobby and restaurant very nice, our room was on the 7th floor(Room 717) which needs to be freshened up, carpet was badly stained and needs to be replaced but bed was very clean and comfortable. Bar was very nice also and live entertainment was excellent!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
LJHOLIDAYINNSYD, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear beth k,

Thank you for your review. We are certainly proud of the renovations so far and we have many more on our agenda, I will be sure to take note of your comments. It's great to know you enjoyed your stay with us, and got to enjoy our weekly entertainment in the Crown & Moose Pub! I will share your great feedback with the staff. We hope to see you back again soon!

Manager, social media

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Plymouth, Minnesota
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I was in Sydney for business and found the location of the hotel to be just perfect. It is really easy to find and is right off 2 of the main roads in Sydney. My check-in experience wasn't so great (the girl didn't greet me and just gave me my keys) but I had been traveling for over 12 hours so I wasn't wanting to make a stink about it. I did eat at the Crown and Moose Pub and the food was less than average (a greek salad and bruschetta). I also had food from room service and that was better than Crown and Moose but not the best either. The location of my room was facing the water so that was nice but it wasn't sunny out the entire time I was there so I wasn't really able to enjoy this view. Now onto the room-I had a king sized bed room and the room was nice and spacious. I will say that there must be wallpaper on top of wallpaper because the outside layer was peeling. Nasty. I did put up my "Do not disturb" sign a couple times and received a nice voicemail from housekeeping letter me know they respected my sign but wanted to let me know they were there if I needed towels or anything. That definitely went a long way with me! The internet was wifi but it went in and out all the time so it wasn't the most reliable. All in all it was fine for what it was but nothing to rave about.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
LJHOLIDAYINNSYD, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
Dear LindsayElyse01,

Thank you for reviewing us, your feedback is extremely important to us as we strive to consistently grow and improve. I would like to apologize for your check in experience and the disappointment with the food in the pub. I will certainly bring light to your concerns with the appropriate departments.

It's wonderful to hear our location was convenient for your needs and I'm glad you liked your room and the courtesy call from our housekeeping department. Thank you again, for your comments and I hope to see you stay with us again in the future.

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 29 October 2013

What a great location for any hotel, to be right on the waterfront (with access to a very nice boardwalk), and to be adjacent to downtown. The staff here were very accommodating and helpful in dealing with some issues regarding redeeming my IHG points and getting the room I needed. The free upgrade to a Junior Suite was very much appreciated (Although, it’s technically not a suite. There is no kitchenette, and it’s just a large room that wraps around the washroom, with a pull-out couch. Still, it was nice enough). The internet here was very unreliable; it only worked periodically. The restaurant is far too expensive; 3 dollars for a coffee and 12 for an omelette are prices I’d expect to pay in a much larger city. We walked out after looking at the menu and took our kids to a nearby greasy spoon. 7/10

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
LJHOLIDAYINNSYD, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear bensagle,

Thank you for your review. I have to agree we do have a terrific location and it was convenient for you and your family . It's great to hear you had a nice stay with us that we could meet your needs accordingly, your comments will be passed on to our great staff! We would love to welcome you back again soon!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Booked via HI website for 115$. We arrived in the afternoon so room was ready, check in was courteous and quick. The room itself was clearly refurbished, with new furniture, LED TV, modern telephones, free wifi, and a decent view of the harbor and the celtic center with the giant fiddle.

The amenities were quite decent. Govt rate includes full a la carte breakfast, which included typical eggs and bacon...I opted for eggs Benedict, which were quite good. The pool is decent sized, as is the jacuzzi, bu the area was in in need of a quick paint refresh. The gym was equipped with 3 treadmills, some ellipticals and a few weights. There is plenty of parking in front and behind the hotel, all free. The hotel is also in walking distance from plenty of restaurants and pub. We went to the governor's pub opposite the hotel and the food and drinks were good.

Overall, a good option before or after the Cabot trail.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
LJHOLIDAYINNSYD, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront, responded to this review, 9 October 2013
Dear Lubiere,

Thank you for taking the time to review us. It's great you had an overall pleasant stay with us. I'm glad you enjoyed our free parking and free WiFi perks, as well as, our outlets and room renovations. We will be continuing our exciting renovations in the near future including the pool and fitness area. I will be sure to share your review with our team members! We hope to welcome you back the next time you are in Sydney!

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 5 October 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel while in town for a wedding. The staff went out of their way to make us feel at home & all questions & concerns were promptly addressed. Our room overlooked the harbour & cruise port & we had the wonderful opportunity to view 3 different ships coming & going in the harbour. We also made use of the restaurant & the pub while we were there. One thing that I noticed that prevents me from making this an excellent rating was that when I lifted the paper off of what I thought was a clean glass in the bathroom, the glass was dirty :( I enjoyed walking along the boardwalk. My first trip to the East Coast did not disappoint & I wouldn't hesitate to return to this hotel in the future!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the harbour
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Dear msgordon74,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we are so happy to be included in your first trip to the East Coast! We do have the best view of the Joan Harris Cruise Pavilion! It really is neat to see the cruise ships come into our port and I'm so glad you got to witness 3 during your visit. Thank you for your review and I will be sure to pass on your encouraging remarks to our team members as well as address your concern. We hope to see you again in the future!

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Clean rooms, looked recently renovated although bathroom is still older style, great views over the harbour. Good location in easy walking distance to a couple of options for dinner. Good place to stop for an overnight stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
LJHOLIDAYINNSYD, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Dear Steven2204,

Thank you for reviewing us. It's wonderful to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is excellent, if you wish to stay in or venture out. I will be sure to share your great comments! We hope to see you again soon.

Manager, social media
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Cambridge Suites - Sydney
Spanish Bay Inn and  Suites
Hotel North
Hotel North
#2 of 4 in North Sydney

Been to Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront? Share your experiences!