“very good food...lovely atmosphere, great service....GO!!!!”
Review of Kiju's

Kiju's
Ranked #6 of 153 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Local Seasonal Products, Seafood, Steaks, Pastas, Vegetarian and Gluten Free ..And much more We love your children and have created special menus for them as well. Fully licensed with a lounge and patio. Located in the Membertou Trade & Convention Centre. Menu located on our website link.
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Decided to have lunch at Kiju's...sooo happy we did!!...Service top notch, the food was great and the atmosphere is soo nice there!...We were a party of 4...well satisfied with our choices!! The fish and chips was excellent...no fear of getting a wet inside batter at this place!!!...the batter was perfect and the fish fresh!!...A great choice for anyone!!..The chicken crepes were also a hit...but one flaw ...the salad that came with this meal was limp and tasteless! Their steamed mussels were excellent as was their seafood chowder!...It is a restaurant that you will leave and say...we will return!!!

2  Thank Brenda C
Doug M, Manager at Kiju's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Hello Brenda C

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our restaurant and for the warm compliments. Our fish & chips has a lightly breaded panko crust which cooks up beautifully and ensures you can enjoy the fresh local haddock. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the crepes, mussels and seafood chowder (top 5 guest choice every month) and your comments have been passed on to the chef. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to write this review and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

nice service but food is not good!! hope everyone
Enjoy their meal.. This restaurant is good for bring you gf to go!

Doug M, Manager at Kiju's, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Hi

Thank you for posting your review and we agree that it's a great location for bringing your girlfriend (wife, etc) to as well as family, friends and corporate events. Take care and enjoy your summer.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

When we were staying at the Hampton Inn I thought we would have to jump in the car to find something to eat. So nice to be able to just walk through the pedway to a lovely restaurant with a good menu to suit our whole family. The kids burger was enjoyed by our son, and my husband and I enjoyed fresh halibut and steak. Both were delicious. The service was great and the staff friendly.

2  Thank Anne P
Doug M, Manager at Kiju's, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Hello Anne P

Thank you for visiting us from Halifax. We appreciate the compliments about the food being delicious and the service being great with friendly staff. With our new image of Fresh, Local & Friendly this review reminds us that we are on the right path to seeing our vision come true.

We are also pleased that you were able to take advantage of the pedway and the many benefits of this during your visit with the Hampton Inn.

I hope you come back to visit us soon and thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I took my Girlfriend there for her Birthday Supper. The Food and service was great. Drinks Reasonable priced. We stayed at the hotel next door through the peg-way. Something promoting this place would be great in the hotel I think. We spent a couple hours there with some drinks before and after the price range is more then a normal Cape Breton food. But you get what you pay for. I would prefer bathrooms for this restaurant be located closer to the establishment not down a long hall. this is an issue when there is events going on in the Trade Center like it was that night.

Doug M, Manager at Kiju's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hi CB-Travel-Guy78

We are very happy that you decided to dine with on a very special occasion and pleased that you choose to stay at the Hampton Inn as well. The pedway is perfect for both of our guests as it's just a short walk in a covered and climate controlled environment.

All of the Hampton Inn guest's receive a discount coupon in their key packet as well as in their rooms during extended stays. Additionally the front desk agents should be advising their guests about the convenient pedway access and great food offerings that we have here at Kiju's. Finally we do have a listing in the guest books but we are in the process of putting a newer and more prominent advertisement in the guest books as well.

Our pricing is in line with the comparable restaurants in the local area and we're really glad to see that you recognized the value and quality that we deliver to our guests. We appreciate all of your comments and thank you for taking the time to review us. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

I have eaten at Kiju's many times in the past and have always really wanted to like it. Unfortunately I have been disappointed most times I have eaten there. That being said I was very pleasantly surprised on Friday night by the meal that I enjoyed before the show at Membertou. I have always enjoyed the atmosphere at Kiju's, but always found the food and service to be lacking in consistency and quality. Well, I saw a 100% difference on Friday. Our server was attentive and efficient. The food was hot and delicious and arrived at our table in a reasonable amount of time.

I am hoping that this "turnaround" at Kiju's continues. I will definitely be back.

2  Thank Valerie O
Doug M, Manager at Kiju's, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2014

Hello Valerie O

We are pleased that your experience was 100% different then your previous times with us and we are glad to see that our continued efforts are being noticed by our guests. I'm glad that you had a great experience with us and then got to watch a superb show with two very talented East Coast gentlemen. Please visit us again soon and thank you for your kind review.