“Expensive, but an amazing Hampton Inn!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney

Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Sydney
Walnut Creek, California
“Expensive, but an amazing Hampton Inn!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed two nights, one on points and one cash, on this, the 2nd of our six hotels in our road trip of the Maritimes. This was one of the nicest hotels of our trip (after the Hilton St. John, and maybe the Lord Beaverbrook in Fredericton), but it was certainly our most expensive for the second night at over $200 with tax! I've stayed at a lot of Hampton Inns, and this is the nicest one in which I've stayed. If I didn't factor price/value in my ratings, I would have given in 5 dots, because this is a Hampton Inn on steroids! I wouldn't have coughed up the money without the free night, though.
The lobby is impressive with a beautiful stone fireplace and artwork, and a grand staircase. The pool has an adequate size and a great slide which doesn't dump into the pool (making the pool usable for others). They have taken care of the pool heating problem which a prior reviewer had noted--the temperature was quite comfortable. It has the largest and best-equipped gym I've ever seen in a Hampton Inn, and everything in perfect order. Unlike many Hamptons, the breakfast area is very ample in size, with no danger of over-crowding.
The rooms are expansive, quiet and comfortable. Ther's a flat HD television, and the internet worked well and promptly. Although the hotel has no restaurant for lunch or dinner, it is connected to a good one at the trade and convention center via a climate-controlled walkway. We had some problems with the GPS locating this property, probably because it's new, but even putting in the trade and convention center led to problems.
In short, I have nothing to complain about this property but the price, which I would expect more of a luxury property. I realize Canada is expensive, but this property was more expensive than the Hilton St. John or the Crowne Plaza/Lord Beaverbrook in Fredericton. Do spend a day at Louisbourg Fortress!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

Great room with an awesome view towards downtown Sydney and Sydney Harbour.

Room seemed bigger than average. Kiju's Restaurant located through the pedway.

The only small issue i noticed was the bathroom exhaust fan does not move much air so the bathroom is full of steam after a shower.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Krista C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
The Hampton Inn Sydney appreciates your response. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you staying with us again.

Antigonish
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

I recently had an opportunity to stay at this location. I'd never stayed at any Hampton Inn prior to this, so I'm unsure if this is typical of most Hampton Inns. The property is new, so you expect it to be in good condition, and it was. I thought the lobby was beautiful. Check-in went very quickly, and the lady that served us was sincerely friendly and helpful. Our room seeemed a nice size, and was tastefully decorated. Mattress was very comfortable, and I liked that the foot of the mattress faced the window. I prefer this orientation.

There is a nice free breakfast in the morning. We'd come to breakfast late, and at one point, while we were eating, a staff member came over to politely ask us if we'd care for anything else to eat or drink before they closed down breakfast. I thought that was a nice touch, because many places just start putting things away without a word when 10am hits.

I can't think of any negative impression I had during the whole stay, and thus, I've given it a perfect score. I'd have to say that its probably the nicest place to stay in Sydney. Like I say, I don't know if other Hampton Inns are like this one, but I intend to try another at some point.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Krista C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 5 August 2012
The Hampton Inn Sydney is very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to you visiting again!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012 via mobile

The new building greeted us with warmth and refinement as we drove into the driveway.
As we checked in, the staff's willingness to make us feel welcome was greatly appreciated. The bottles of cold water are a great touch!
The rooms was immaculate, with it's fresh smelling sheets and new furnishings.
A welcome stay in an area with some hotels that are showing their age.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Hampton Inn, Sydney. We appreciate your kind words and hope that you will stay with us again!

Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2012

First thing--this is a brand-new property & no detail has been missed in the decor. It's truly stunning! The staff were so very pleasant--every one we encountered said hello, good morning, etc. We thought we were splurging a bit with the cost of the room; however, our room was easily the size of a junior suite in many other hotels, & was *very* comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was always well-stocked & tasty. The only thing that made me shake my head was the lack of a vent fan in the bathroom--didn't expect that in such new construction. Go experience the level of customer service at the Hampton Inn Sydney--you won't regret it!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us!! We strive to ensure every guest receives the very best hospitality and I am so glad that you experienced just that.

Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Great pool/water slide for the kids. The beds & rooms were great, the complimentary breakfast was good. I'll be staying here the next time I am in Sydney. Try Kiju's restaurant next door also really good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Krista C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel! We strive for perfection and certainly look forward to hosting your next stay in Sydney.

halifax, ns
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2012

I was waiting for this location to open for a long time. I travel to Sydney quarterly and all of the other hotels are getting old and tired.

It's a two minute drive from downtown so if walking to appointments is your thing then this might be a hinderance. For me, I need to drive where ever I go so made little difference. To be honest, I would drive it anyways as it is that much nicer than any other option in town.

This Hampton is above and beyond for the price point and is by far the nicest hotel in Sydney.
There is no restaurant located in the Hotel itself but there is a wonderful restaurant and lounge in the adjacent convention center which is incredible, both in the menu and quality of food but almost aas important, price. It's a quick walk through a raised pedway.

Another advantage was, (for me and not the management I'm sure) was the fact that there were very few other guests while I was there. You could park where you wanted, the building was quiet. No line up at the hot breakfast which I found to be just the perfect start to my days.

I highly recommend this property and any of the others that the owner manages throughout the Maritime provinces. I've stayed at a few and they are all first rate.

Feel free to message me with questions.
Rick Mc

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your review. Our staff prides themselves on exceeding guest expectations, and we really appreciate your kind words about our hotel. We look forward to hosting your next stay in Sydney.

Guest Services Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Cambridge Suites - Sydney
Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront
Seascape Coastal Retreat
Hearthstone Inn Sydney
Comfort Inn Sydney
Comfort Inn Sydney
#4 of 7 in Sydney
Point of View Suites at Louisbourg Gates

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney? Share your experiences!