“Great Hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Sydney
“Great Hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2012

This hotel is new, only a few months old and it shows. Check In was fast, was booked under the Military Rate (which was still considerably high-$132/night + tax), front desk agent didnt even ask for ID, seemed kinda weird. The lobby and public areas are beautiful! It's pretty much set up the same as the location in Dartmouth, waterslide, pool, etc. Would have been nice for there to be a hot tub to relax in. Also would liked to have seen a patio beside the pool like the Dartmouth property. The room was beautiful as well, very clean, modern and new, the view of Sydney from the room was amazing! You could see everything from the window. As previous reviewers mentioned, you will need a car to get around, but the hotel is pretty central for anywhere you need to go. The hotel is also connected to the Membertou Trade and Convention Centre, highly recommend the restaurant over there, Kijus. Very good steak. Overall it was a great stay and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Request high floor! 6'th floor gives the best view of Sydney!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2012

I enjoyed a recent three night personal stay. I found the hotel very clean with very friendly front desk staff. The free breakfast was one of the better ones available and a definite step up from the usual continental breakfasts other hotels offer. I bathroom was very clean (often a sore point with me) and the beds were very comfortable. I found the walls and doors a little thin as hallway noise was often noticeable in the room, and my neighbor had this annoying habit of letting their room door slam shut which was particularly noticeable if you happened to be in the bathroom at the time.

I had two small glitches on checkout morning. The night before I had requested a 4:30am wakeup call as my flight departed at 600am the next morning. I even watched the front desk staff fill out the appropriate slot on their sheet. The call never came, and when I asked at the front desk it was apparent that it was a different sheet from the one I had watch the staff member fill out. This was no big deal as I never trust a wakeup call and only had it as a backup, but for a guest who relies on the front desk this could have been an issue.

Also, when I retrieved my bill from under the door that morning, not only did I receive my bill but I also received one for another guest whose name was similar to mine. Breaches of confidentiality are another big red flag for me and I brought it to the attention of the front desk staff when I checked out.

Other than those two glitches I did enjoy my stay here.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Krista C, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Thank you for your recent Trip Advisor Review. We are very sorry about the mix up with your bill, and we can assure you that we take confidentiality very seriously. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and look forward to welcoming you as a guest in the future.

Warm Regards,

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

For years I've stayed in the same two hotels on the Sydney waterfront, so I was curious to try this new place. I was impressed. Like all Hampton Inns, there's loads of parking and large rooms at a decent price. The staff were very friendly and the included continental breakfast is good for me because there are healthy options. When the weather's good the Hampton Inn is a lovely 15-minute walk to the downtown boardwalk and some decent shops and restaurants. There's a well-stocked convenience store across the street and a restaurant as well. I'd stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Gatineau, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

Stayed there on business for three nights and it has been very quiet. It is very clean, excellent & friendly service, breakfast decent. Bed very comfortable, would definitely return. There is also a nice walking pathway behind the hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
The Hampton Inn Sydney appreciates your recent review. We are very pleased to know that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We would love to welcome you as a guest in the future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed here for 3 nights with my husband and two children. We had a great time and really appreciated the extras that were part of our stay - bottled water at check in, a call from the front desk to ensure everything was to our satisfaction, the coffee/hot chocolate bar in the lobby, the pool, the great breakfast (cinnamon scones were great), loot bags for the kids in the morning, bagged breakfast at the front desk. Without exception all of our dealings with staff were excellent - front desk, and breakfast - all were welcoming, friendly and helpful. Really enjoyed our stay - was worth the cost!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Spearlady
We are so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us, and would love to host your next stay in the area! Thank you so much for your Trip Advisor review.

Warm Regards,

Nova Scotia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2012

We reserved a room with two queen beds in this new property in Sydney, NS. The room was well appointed and easily accommodated two adults and three kids. Check-in was a breeze, and the customer-service manager, Ms. Clarke, made us feel very welcome. Complimentary breakfast runs from 6-10am--great for early-birds or late-risers-- and offers a wide array of choices. The fitness centre is well equipped. But what was a stand-out for us was the pool with water slide. Our kids spent hours there. We were there for two nights. Very quiet. Located on the Membertou First Nation just off King Street, it's right next to the Membertou Trade and Convention Centre. There's a pedway connecting the two buildings, and the Centre is home to Kiju's Restaurant which served us a memorable meal our first night. The only disappointment was having to leave; we had to promise the kids we'd be back again soon.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ABANS
Thank you for your recent review on Trip Advisor. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our property. We are very happy that your children enjoyed the pool and we would love to host your next stay in the area!

Niagara-on-the-Lake, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is a beautiful property. It has just recently opened so therefore it is in excellent condition and very clean. The front desk staff are very pleasant and helpful. The location is good to downtown but you do need a car to get around. The only complaint we had was the rate. We were on a 2 week trip on our motorcycle and this was our most expensive hotel we stayed in during the 2 weeks period.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your feedback. We look forward to reading every trip advisor review and take any feedback very seriously. We are very glad that you enjoyed our new property, and would love to see you return.

Guest Services Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Cambridge Suites - Sydney
Holiday Inn Sydney Waterfront
Seascape Coastal Retreat
Hearthstone Inn Sydney
Comfort Inn Sydney
Comfort Inn Sydney
#4 of 7 in Sydney
Point of View Suites at Louisbourg Gates

Been to Hampton Inn by Hilton Sydney? Share your experiences!