“Great coffee and friendly service”

Ugly Mug Cafe and Emporium
Ranked #3 of 10 Coffee & Tea in Sydney
Reviewed 23 August 2013

We sought out this place after reading the one review on TA! We were so glad we did. The coffee was great - we had Lattes. I also had soup for lunch which was delicious. They also have a serious choice of desserts all of which looked yummy and home baked. The two ladies were serving with a smile and a chat. They were quite busy with what appeared to be mostly local clientele, which we always take as a good sign. We are always on the lookout for a decent cup of coffee as we travel and this certainly fit the bill. It is easy to get to off the 105 highway as you travel across Cape Breton. Well worth the small detour in our opinion.

1  Thank Vicky W

Reviewed 4 May 2013

I've only tried 3 different coffees but each was wonderful. I've had their homemade chicken soup and that was belly warming! I've tried their "ugly bun" (a cinnamon roll) and it was good to the last bite. The service there is excellent and they go above and beyond to satisfy your needs. You have to get in thru the day 'cause they're not open past 6 p.m. My mom was in a few weeks ago with a friend and something wasn't on the menu but they got it for her anyway!

2  Thank Caroline G