“What a spot”

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Sydney
Nova Scotia
“What a spot”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This is one of THE BEST places I have found yet....friendly staff....spotless rooms....very quiet...great breakfast and a lounging area for all to gather and relax. I will certainly recommend this place to anyone I know....I know they will not be disappointed. Everything is in walking distance, great places to eat and enjoy local entertainment. You are a Gem Spanish Bay Inn!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautifully decorated with luxury beds and bedding.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank DookieDoo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2012

The best thing about this place... I felt welcomed and right at home. The accommodation was so comfortable, so well appointed, so clean and warm in hospitality. (Thanks Ms. Gina). It is located right in town, just a few steps from all I needed to attend, one being Savors a food and beverage event! Go Sydney!! Having wireless was a bonus, the kitchen so beautiful and the lounge with it's big screen television was a great place to meet my Inn 'neighbours' who also, had made a special point to stay here for the event I was attending. I loved The Spanish Bay Inn!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 11 May 2012

If you are looking for a place to stay in Sydney I would highly recommend this inn. The rooms have an antique feel to them and are more comfortable than staying at one of the larger chain hotels. The staff (Gina) is very freindly and willing to help you out with anything you need. The hotel is located in the centre of downtown Sydney and it's very easy to get wherever you have to go from there.

In short a very enjoyable place to stay.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe S
London
Reviewed 19 April 2012

Just spent seven nights at the Spanish Bay Inn and I would like people to know that it was a wonderful discovery . If you need a homey place for short or long term stay I would highly recommend the Spanish Bay Inn. The staff are personal ,very helpful and do all they can to make your stay pleasant and comfortable. The ability to make use of all the common area gave my family a place to meet and feel at home. We were all able to meet and enjoy a continental breakfast together as we planned our day and upon returning in the evening could gather in the main common area relax, have a drink and enjoy our precious time together. Having a microwave and small fridge in the room was helpful but even better was having a washer and dryer at our disposal to use when needed. Free local phone calls. The rooms were all different which added to the charm but all had very comfortable beds. The location is ideal as it is very close ( walking distance ) to Sydney's best restaurants and shopping.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Allena M
Halifax
Reviewed 17 April 2012

This is a perfect place to stay while in Sydney! The location is great, I was in town for two nights on business and was able to get where I needed to be within minutes. The Inn has wireless internet so I was able to get work done there as well. The kitchen - dining area was fully stocked with great breakfast food every morning and I actually brought food back and ate in the dining room with those who were travelling with me and it was more relaxed than eating in a busy restaurant. The room had everything I needed and the bed and linens were very comfortable. The Inn was clean and very inviting, a taste of home while in Sydney!!

Room Tip: All the rooms I saw were really nice!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights while attending a wedding in Sydney. Loved it. Fantastic location in downtown Sydney and we loved that it is a boutique hotel with only 14 suites. The breakfasts were set out early each morning, and offered bagels, bread, yogurt, milk, spreads, selection of fresh fruits and coffee/tea. It was abundant and wonderful. The staff were helpful and if you're not looking for a full-on hotel (e.g. gym, 24 hour concierge, restaurant), this is the perfect place. The suite was spotless and quiet as well.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 2 August 2011

The best part of the stay was the hotel/inn staff were all extremely nice and helpful. The hotel/inn was stuffy (air-wise) and when we opened the windows, it was pretty noisy outside. If you're used to city living, this would not be that unusual to you. The inn/hotel could not get the internet to work in our room and had been struggling to get it fixed for a couple of weeks (their IT company was just not good). If I returned, which is unlikely because this was once in a lifetime trip, I would call ahead and make sure the internet was working in my potential room. It isn't a big deal when you're only in the city for a night but we were there for three. Everything else in the room was more than adequate but not up to 4 or 5 hotel standards. However, I would stay here over any other place in Sydney.

Room Tip: Give up the view and go for a quiet one on the back or side streets.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sydney
Cambridge Suites - Sydney
#5 of 7 in Sydney
Hotel North
Hotel North
#1 of 4 in North Sydney

Been to Spanish Bay Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!