“That Lobster Roll though!!!”

Flavor On The Water
Ranked #12 of 147 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$9 - US$23
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Lovely atmosphere. One of the best views in Sydney, from almost every chair. Excellent service. There was an issue with one of our guests meals and was resolved in a heart beat. So delicious. Had the lobster roll and oh my sooo good.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Scallops with bacon were to die for. Fish cakes too die for and my daughters chowder was the best! My husband had the fish and chips and it was sooo good too. Would highly recommend this resto!

Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is the newest of the Flavor restaurants which is located in the new cruise terminal (next to the fiddle). The menu is outstanding and the emphasis is on locally sourced food and drinks. Try the Phone Booth white wine fro NS.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I recently ate at Flavor on the Water. I had Lobster risotto, and my husband had halibut, both dinner entrees. The service was basic, without the friendliness and extra touches that one might expect from a restaurant in Cape Breton. Instead of bread, we received a very tasty tea biscuit and 2 oatcakes. We did not order appetizers. The lobster bisque contained nearly an entire shelled market lobster, cooked nicely. However, it was obvious that the risotto was not cooked carefully, being undercooked and thus a wee bit too firm for my liking. It tasted good, but did not taste as good as I expected, considering the $29 it cost for my entree alone. My husband's halibut meal came atop a mound of potatoes, a brushing of sweet butternut squash, and a few spears of mushy asparagus. The plating was interesting to the eye, and looked nice overall. Unfortunately, the fish was overcooked. Although tasty, it was disappointingly dry for $27. Dessert for us was a shared piece of orange cheesecake that tasted more like lemon. Containing a nutty, moist and crunchy base, it was my favourite part of the meal. I will not recommend this restaurant, given that there are other more affordable and welcoming local restaurants with more flavourful food. I am interested to try the other Flavor locations for comparison.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Recently went here for my parents anniversary supper. The service and food was excellent, we had a reservation and when we got there the table was already set for us and they had breads and butter on the table. The butter is a maple butter and delicious. The service was friendly and efficient. We did not get to sit outside as it was raining but it is all windows so it was okay. People had crab cakes and I was told they were excellent. For supper we had the burger, curry and stuffed chicken. All 3 were great except for 1 complaint with the thai curry. Usually when I get a Thai curry or Indian the rice and 'sauce' come separate. However, here the curry sauce and rice come in a bowl together which cases the rice to continue to absorb the moisture and begin to get mushy. By the end it was more of a rice soup. The flavor was great though. Would go back again for lunch to try some of their other food.