“Dons wings the best in town!!”

Don Cherry Sports Grill
Ranked #33 of 145 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
“Dons wings the best in town!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

Went to Don Cherrys for wings and a beer and can honestly say never leave disappointed. Always a good experience when I go from the food itself, size portions and the very friendly waitresses. Great food, Great service and the best wings I ever had and I had wings all over Canada and the states. Keep up the good work!!

• Visited October 2013

Oromocto, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not impressed”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

The place was a dive. The windows hadn't been cleaned in weeks with smudges and smears all over. The seats we had smelled of stale cigarette smoke from the patio nearby, and the smoke wafted in as the door opened and shut. The place was
nearly deserted, but there were drink spills and food slop all over the floor. Our server had the personality of three brown crayons, but it never would have shown through her hot pink tights...I ate at this same restaurant a couple years ago on my last trip up, and it was nowhere near this bad. This restaurant needs a visit from Jon Taffer or Gordon Ramsay to get their act together.

• Visited July 2013
Halifax, Canada
“OK pub with ok food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2013

Don Cherry's came to Cape Breton many years ago and it was all the rage on a Friday or Saturday for supper. But the few times that we've been there we have not been particularly impressed. The food is fine. The atmosphere is ok. The TV's with sports on them are around. But it just seemed to lack that something extra that makes you want to come back. If there was a group of people going there, I wouldn't say no. But saying that, it's not somewhere where I would encourage a group of people to go.

Sydney, Canada
“Had lunch there”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Not bad for sports bar food, ordered a salad with 'blackened' chicken....they obviously don't know what blackened means, wanted ranch and she gave me italian.....they kind of messed up my buddy's order as well. Hang out watch sports, drink a beer, eat some average pub food.....this is your place

Visited April 2013
“Isn't looking good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

Sydney N.S - Wow. We went on a Sunday. The very first step into the the place was a bad sign. The waitresses looked like they didn't want to be there. It took the waitress a few minutes to seat me and my boyfriend, yet it wasn't busy at all. Our drinks came warm, and she didn't come back to take our order for another 10 minutes. As she just cleaned tables (which seemed to be the only thing cleaned). After we made our order of 2 hamburgers we waited nearly forty minutes for them. Yet it wasn't that busy. And I actually like my burgers dry, but it was a bit too dry. Never going there again. Can't believe we didn't leave. Bad service. Waitresses looked like they didn't know what smiling was. And whoever does the cleaning of that place, doesn't know what cleaning is.

• Visited April 2013