“Small portions, not tasty at all, not worth the money”
Review of Peking Restaurant

Peking Restaurant
Ranked #53 of 160 Restaurants in Sydney
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 April 2017

Ordered the combination plates on special, which were reasonably priced. However the taste was very bland and the chicken balls were 90% batter and what little meat was in them was terrible. The Cantonese Chow Mein was overpriced and at over $15 was dry and lacked meat and heavy on the soy sauce. Overall, the meal was a huge disappointment as we have had good meals there in the past but this is a few bad ones in the last year and will be the last for us.

Reviewed 12 March 2017

Food and service not what it used to be 30 years ago! Back then, the Peking was a true treat for anyone who went. Food was awesome and so was the service. Not now!

On our last trip there, when paying the owner's son asked us 'how'd you like it'. I said "do you want me to be honest or lie to you?" He said "Be honest.".

I told him that years ago this was an awesome, well respected local restaurant and that I figured new owners ruined it. He told me that they were the original owners but his father changed the menu and gets lots of complaints.

Please bring this once beloved restaurant to it's former glory!

Bernadette S, Manager at Peking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

30 years is a long time. Peoples tastes have changed most look for healthier options no msg ,gluten free or low sodium. We try to accommodate everyone unfortunately omitting these ingredients alters the taste for some.

Reviewed 31 December 2016

The food here is not as good as it was several years ago.Vegetables are not as fresh and seafood appears to be mostly from frozen. Loses a lot of flavor when frozen.

Bernadette S, Owner at Peking Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2017

Sorry you felt our food was not up to par, unfortunately Sydney does not have a fresh seafood so our lobster and shrimp do come in frozen.

Reviewed 12 August 2016

One of our favorite spots to eat in Sydney. Always good food.
Find that portions have gotten smaller.

Reviewed 21 July 2016

I was in the mood for Chinese food and happened to see this restaurant. The menu is standard, with an emphasis on chicken fried rice. The staff did not acknowledge me when I walked in and only talked to me after I went up to the front desk.
I ordered pork fried rice to go.
The taste was below average to average, closer to bland. As I continued to eat, I felt a discomfort in my stomach. I stopped after eating three quarters of the way and threw the rest out since the feeling was getting worse and I was not enjoying my meal.
Within one minute, I ran to the bathroom and vomited the entire contents. After emptying my stomach, I immediately felt better.