“Lovely stay in Dartmouth/Halifax”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Dartmouth
Blockhouse Hill Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 16 Dartmouth B&B and Inns
Frankfurt, Germany
“Lovely stay in Dartmouth/Halifax”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Fred an Marion are lovely hosts and their breakfast is unmatched in Nova Scotia :-). They also provide great advice for tourist sights, restaurants etc. Easy walking distance to the ferry to Halifax downtown..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Hagerstown, MD
Reviewed 29 June 2014

This is by far the most pleasant stay my husband and I have ever had! We traveled to Nova Scotia in late June and spent 5 glorious days at Blockhouse Hill. Fred and Marion saw to every little detail from beautiful delicious breakfasts (with adorable homemade heart-shaped muffins and the most amazing homemade granola and peach jam I have ever eaten) to great conversation to an immaculately clean and comfortable room. Coffee and tea were served fresh every morning an hour before breakfast. Staying in such close proximity to other guests and sitting together at the breakfast table created such a homey environment that gave us a wonderful opportunity to meet and talk with new people which is something that just doesn't happen at most places. The location is perfect for day trips to downtown Dartmouth, Halifax, and other surrounding areas. It is an easy walk to the ferry and to several other attractions and restaurants. When we return to Nova Scotia, this is exactly where we will stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Karlsruhe, Germany
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Together with two friends we spend part of our honeymoon in this charming B&B. Right from the beginning we felt very welcome by the personal and warm way Marion and Fred open their home to guests. They care about every little detail to make sure they have the most wonderful stay. Breakfast was delicious, Marion's blueberry pancakes are the best we had on our whole trip. We hope to be able to come back soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Guelph, Canada
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I would highly recommend the Blockhouse Hill Bed & Breakfast. Fred and Marion are wonderful hosts and made my stay feel like "home away from home". My room was very clean and comfortable, and I started off the day with a wonderful breakfast each morning. Fred and Marion are very helpful at pointing out places of interests and restaurants to visit if you are new to the area and their bed & breakfast is a very convenient, short walk to the ferry.I am looking forward to my next stay at Blockhouse Hill when I visit Halifax again. Deb (Guelph, ON)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2014

My daughter and I stayed for two nights at this delightful B & B. The hosts (Marion & Fred) are warm, kind people who clearly go the extra distance to ensure that their guests have everything they need for a comfortable stay. Our rooms were well furnished, lovely, clean and comfortable. The breakfasts were absolutely delicious and more than ample - we were spoiled! The location worked out well for us - we were mostly sight-seeing in Halifax, but it was easy to drive across the bridge to access this B & B from Halifax. Alternatively, you can leave your car at the B & B (free parking - bonus if you have ever tried to find parking in downtown Halifax), and simply take the ferry across to downtown Halifax. The ferry is an easy walk from the B & B. There are also some good restaurants within walking distance of the B & B if you decide to stay on the Dartmouth side for meals. The house is in a quiet area & we had great sleeps. We were sad to leave and would not hesitate to return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Wallington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

During my thirteen day stay in Nova Scotia I stayed five nights in Dartmouth and was my base to see other oarts of the beautiful province. The time I spent with them was really friendlya nd warm and Fred was so helpful regarding maps, where to go and helped me with my arrangements. The room was beautiful and the hospitality wonderful and it was a special journey for me to Nova Scotia. I enjoyed walking ffrom Dartmouth to Halifax and enjoyed my time in Halifax. The breakfasts are great and the chats with Fred and Marion are wonderful. I would recoomend this B and B.

Room Tip: The rooms are both lovely.