Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
Reviewed 29 January 2013

I had a suite. Needs a chair in the living room area. There was a large draft around the air condition / heating room in the bedroom - difficult to keep bedroom warm. There was no house keeping service 1 day

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWDManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2013

Good Day CECIL F,

I am sorry that you had a couple of issues while staying with us. Thank you for passing this information along and we will certainly look into these deficiencies. This is certainly not the norm at our hotel and we will work quickly to correct these issues.
We look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 9 January 2013

Was staying for a bit of a Romantic get away.

Location - Using my GPS made it a little more difficult to find, but once I did, was very impressed. Lots of parking. Close to the highway, without the noise that comes with it.

Property - First impressions were great. The lobby area is great, wide open, nicely decorated, cookies at the Front Desk, and friendly, helpful staff.

Catherine...was so helpful during the check in. I had pre-ordered some items for the room, but decided to change my room type at check in...so she made sure that the items made it to the new room. Paul in the restaurant was kind enough to help me open my bottle of wine, when I was unable to get it open myself.....

The Room - Fantastic. SPOTLESS!!! I decided to upgrade to a suite, and it was beautiful Large, but without feeling cold. It had a jetted tub. TV - and this is the first hotel that actually had a cable box, so lots of channels - including HD options...Although I settled on the Fireplace Channel...600 (although not sure if it is year round). There is a small fridge in the room and a Microwave. Very handy. The bed was comfortable, my only complaint here was the pillows...I found them too "puffy" and firm. There were 5 pillows on the bed, all of them the same size and firmness...I ended up with my neck ceasing, I usually travel with my own pillow, but did not this time...Next time I go, I will bring my own - as everything else was excellent.

Wireless Internet - is free and I was impressed with the speed. I had no troubles with it, and was even able to watch videos and tv programs without any delay.

Breakfast - was included. It is a continental breakfast with additional items including hot items like scrambled eggs, sausage, waffles and hash browns (real potatoes) lots of options...even for the more heath conscious. The only thing I wish they had was a larger Tea selection...I prefer green or Mint tea - there was only black tea.

Trendz - Experienced this restaurant for all three meals - breakfast as previously mentioned, lunch and dinner. Lunch was very good, the food delicious and the service friendly. There was a good variety with the options, light fare along with larger meal choices. Dinner was to die for...we both ended up choosing the Seafood Medley ... with risotto...it was soooo good. The wine selection is excellent....We had the Louis Latour Pinot Noir, but there were so many options it was hard to decide.

The property also has a pool...we did not get a chance to check it out though...but from what we saw...it looked great.

From check in to check out - mostly met or exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maggiemaeCanada
BWDManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2013

Good Day maggiemaeCanada,

Needless to say we L.O.V.E.D. your review. Thank you so much for recognizing Catherine, she is a great employee and a Joy to work with. We are so happy that you had a chance to eat at Trendz. We are so proud to have such a great restaurant as our own.

We are looking forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 4 January 2013

The girl at the front desk was GREAT!!!! Even gave us the location of the best donairs in Dartmouth. Very nice hotel clean and quiet and close to all the shopping in Dartmouth Crossing and very nice Restaurants

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RON B
BWDManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Good Day Ron B,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so thankful that you have enjoyed your stay. We boost of many amenities such as free parking, free HD TV channels and Free Breakfast but our greatest asset is our staff. We have a great team here. Thank you for recognizing them.

We look forward to servicing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 12 December 2012

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWDManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Reviewed 3 December 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Best western Plus in dartmouth, Nova Scotia. This was not our first time, nor will it be the last. We always are very satisfied with the rooms, very clean and spacious, have never had any problems of any kind with the service, the staff, the privacy . Very good breakfast service which we greatly appreciate. Best quality for our money!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWDManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2012

Good Day Paul B,

Thank you for the great review. We are so happy to have you as one of opur regular guests. We are so glad you have been enjoying the Free Hot Buffet Breakfast and the many other amenitiues that we offer. To make sure that we are offering up to date amenities we have recently added HD channels to our Channel listing.
Thank you again for taking the time to review us and we look forward to seeing you nagain in the New Year.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWDManager, General Manager at Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Reviewed 18 November 2012

We found the staff to be very unfriendly and completely unconcerned with an issues that we had. The amount of noise was completely out of hand.... music blaring from an event downstairs, kids running though the hallway unattended, etc. When I called the front desk with my concerns, they couldn't have been any more unconcerned. Basically, the noise was something that I was just going to have to put up with. Breakfast was not great & far from hot! Then, I was told there was a charge on my room for drinks/food which I certainly did not eat/drink. Nobody even bothered to ask me if I enjoyed my stay... I will NEVER stay here again!

Room Tip: I would never recommend this hotel but if you are going to stay there, ask for a room that is far aw...