Best Western Plus Dartmouth Hotel & Suites
Express Lodge(Dartmouth)
    • Pool
    Chebucto Inn(Halifax)
    Good 3.5/5
    All reviewsgreat restaurantrecommend this hotelindustrial parkgreat place to stayquiet locationhash brownsbreakfast was includedroom was largehamcomfortable bedsvery nice hotelwould definitely stay here againfront desk stafflots of parkinghockey tournamentmic mac mallnova scotia
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 14 March 2010

The hotel is fairly new, so I found it clean. The room was spacious and included a jacuzzi tub which was nice. I found the staff friendly, and the room was kept very clean. There were 2 things that annoyed me about this hotel - noise level and the fact they are blocking VoIP on their internet setup. None of the doors in the hallways are dampened, and the banging started at 5:30 AM - non-stop. I need to relax and sleep when I'm in a hotel, and this one does not accommodate that.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled solo
    Reviewed 2 February 2010

I have stayed in many hotels over the years for business and vacation and have never taken the time to write a review. I stayed at this hotel with my husband on a weekend in January and was extremely happy with the hotel, location, staff and restaurant. The hotel is close to shopping and easy to find. This hotel is very clean, it has a pool and without a doubt the best breakfast (free) I have had at any hotel. Usually when I travel I don't enjoy the food at hotel restaurants, but when the staff told me about it my husband and I decided to give it a try rather than head out in the cold again. The food was fantastic and service was great too, I have already recommended this hotel to everyone I can think of. The only other thing I need to mention is the rest of the staff we were fortunate enough to have help us while staying. From the front desk to the housekeeping department, we received great service for our entire stay. If you're travelling to Nova Scotia this is the place you need to stay!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 20 January 2010

I was booked into this hotel by my company. I was hesitant because my experiences in the the US with this chain has not been so great. This was the complete opposite. Right from checkin it was a great experience. Clean and spacious rooms. The restaurant food was amazing. Special mention for the corporate shuttle. They drove me to my clients work every morning. It was a great added feature. I will stay here again in a heartbeat.

Reviewed 31 December 2009

The Best Western Dartmouth Suites is a great hotel with all the amenities you look for in a hotel especially a restaurant with a menu heads above other restaurants you would expect to find in a Best Western. The rooms are clean and classy decor with all the comforts of home. Would recommend this hotel for any business or personal stays above any other hotel in Dartmouth.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 23 November 2009

My husband and I stayed here one night on the weekend; we had gone to Halifax to do a little Christmas shopping. We checked in at 2:55 but our room wasn't ready-check-in is 3pm. We checked our luggage and went shopping. We had a two room suite; it was clean except for a hair on top of the one piece tub, the sitting area has no windows, so it makes the area dark. The decor is done in greens & browns, with furniture that reminded me of the 70's; except for the flat screen tv's which were nice. The doors/ closet doors were the brown wooden doors that I have actually replaced in few homes as I find them dated and dark. I was chilly and went looking for a blanket but couldn't find an extra one in the room. I'm sure had I called the front desk and requested one they would have been happy to accomodate me. Unfortunately even though it was new it felt like I was staying in a dated hotel. Some might think that it was trendy; this is just my personal view. Also I had forgot my bodywash and they didn't have any just bar soap, they did have mouthwash, shampoo and body lotion. They have a bottle of water in the room that you can purchase for $5. No mini bar or snacks in the room itself.

The restaurant decor is orange and browns, once again the 70's; except for the bar stools which were very modern. Supper is also quite expensive and the food has lots of interesting things added to it. For example lime scented wings and pork chops with pear and walnuts. I'm personally not a fancy eater and had a hard time finding something that wasn't. I ordered nachos and asked for no olives which was listed on the menu, however they arrived with onions & green/red peppers which are not mentioned on the menu, I like onions but can't eat them. They did offer to take them back but I just picked them off. House wine was $8 a glass. Considering this is a family hotel (Lots of kids there on a hockey tournament) the menu just doesn't suit all the guests. I'm sure some would love it! You can certainly drive a short distance and have supper somewhere else but if you wanted to have a few drinks over supper you would have to cab it. We had a couple of drinks in our room so the hotel restaurant became our only option unless we wanted to take a cab.

The breakfast was free and tasty & opened till 10am; it was very busy and when we got there all the hot food was gone and a line up waiting for more to be brought out. No bacon, but ham, scrambled eggs, homefries, yogurt, cereal etc.

The staff was friendly, maids smiled, front desk-ok, the employee working the restaurant bar was friendly. Parking is free.

Personally I wouldn't stay here again but it is new and I'm sure lots of people would love it. I'm just writing what I observed to give you a heads up. I would recommend this hotel to a friend but first tell them the pros & cons and let them decide.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business