“Amazing Night Away” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
Halifax, Canada
“Amazing Night Away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2010

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for a nice relaxing night away and I must say we had exactly what we were looking for and more. We were greeted in a very professional and courteous manner at the frost desk upon arrival! The check-in process was very simple and staff were very knowledgeable about the facility. We decided on a Jacuzzi suite and were VERY impressed with what we found when we got to our suite! The suite was immaculate. Very Clean, well laid out, and the king size bed was a very nice touch. Bath Robes were provided for the Jacuzzi, which was a very nice touch. The 32" flat screen was also a nice bonus!! The suite was very quiet even though the hotel was nearly full. Morning check-out was very simple and quick as well. The Hot Breakfast, which was included in the room rate was very nice!! Overall, we had an Excellent stay and look forward to returning!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank leisure101
BWDManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 27 April 2010
Thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
New Minas, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2010

I was left in town from a business trip and not looking forward to a drive home of over 2 hours. l decided to stay in Burnside and drove to the Best Western. Luckily for me, they had a room available. They gave me the best rate they could and I was upgraded to a whirlpool room. The room was amazing. I wasn't ready to stay overnight so they provided me with toothpaste, toothbrush and other things. I also used their laundry facilities to clean my clothes.
Because I only had a bathrobe on, I ordered room service. The food was great. They gave me a time for delivery and it was delivered almost to the minute. I had a steak and cheesecake for dessert.
Overall, the hotel is new and clean, the service is second to none and I will be back. I must say, the free parking and free internet was a welcome surprise.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank kr902
Thank you for your compliments. We are proud of all staff and services here at the Best Western Dartmouth Hotel and Suites.
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2010

My mom and I traveled to Nova Scotia last fall to spend some time driving around and seeing the sites. We wanted to be based in the general Halifax area, and based on some of combined needs (24/7 internet access, room service, a place that offers membership points so we could stay at others in the chain during our vacation, proximity to highways, etc.) she selected the Best Western. It offered everything we wanted and needed and more.

The room we had was very clean (new facility overall), well maintained during our stay, roomy and quite comfortable. The beds and side chair were especially comfortable, great showers, good air temperature control, etc. Room service was provided through the hotel restaurant (the name of which I forget at the moment) and was really outstanding. The hotel also offered a pool on the premises, although we did not utilize it. The staff were very friendly. Although it's been some months, I don't recall anything negative about our stay.

As for the hotel restaurant, it was superb. The food was delicious, the wait staff attentive, the atmosphere moderately upscale without making one feel like you had to dress up for dinner. We ate most nights there and always enjoyed it. If you like sweets, make sure to try the caramel toffee pudding. Perfection on a plate! (Another recommendation, the seafood cakes. Divine!)

The location of the hotel made it very convenient for day trips in any direction. It is located within minutes of the major highways headed north/south/east and west. It's also sort of in an industrial park so there are lots of businesses and convenient stores nearby without loud nightlife one might have right in a city.

We would definitely return to this hotel for all of the above reasons.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank awetum
BWDManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Dartmouth Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, 30 April 2010
Thank you for your compliments and recommendation for others to stay. We are very proud of our staff and accommodations. I have passed your comments along to our Chef and his staff who appreciate the kind words.
We look forward to your return.
Prince Edward Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2010

We stayed at the Best Western Dartmouth Hotel & Suites for one night on a March Break getaway with our two children, ages 14 and 10. Regular prices for this motel are in the moderately high range but we were fortunate to get a corporate rate through my husband's work. The hotel is easy to access from the highway and in a good location to travel by car to nearby shopping (Dartmouth Crossing and MicMac Mall). The lobby was very clean and welcoming. All staff were very friendly. We had a standard double room (2 Queen beds) which had plenty of space to move around for two adults and two children. Beds were extremely comfortable with more than enough big fluffy pillows and cozy down duvets. Bathroom was spacious also and had marble countertops and rounded shower rod for extra room. The pool was small and there was a hot tub but unfortunately, we didn't get to use either as there were some boys hockey teams staying at the hotel also with their parents and when we went to use the pool, it was full to capacity with mostly boys, ages 10-12 ish with only one male adult supervising them. They even took over the hot tub with not a dry towel to be found although there were lots of wet ones laying in all the splash puddles on the poole deck. Even our own two children could not stand the mayhem, splashing, screaming going on so we decided to leave the area and return to our room. This was a bit disappointing as we usually like to use the indoor pools at any hotel we stay in. It is really disappointing that some parents don't teach their children to show respect for other hotel guests. That being said, we were woken up through the night a couple of times by drunken adults (parents of the hockey players) roaming the halls. This was confirmed when we were having breakfast and overheard some of the parents "bragging" about their antics the night before and making jokes about "probably keeping all the guests in the hotel awake all night." Complimentary buffet breakfast was included in the morning and was delicious. It included scrambled eggs, ham, hash browns, various pastries and muffins, fruit, cereal, yogurt, juice and tea/coffee. All in all, we would probabily stay here again but I will definitely know to inquire next time if there will be any sports teams also staying and we'll stay elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank dhutchperry
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2010

I had to get to the Halifax /Dartmouth area due to death in my family and my wife and I stayed at the Best Western Dartmouth Hotel and Suites due to its handy location to family, shopping and restaurants. We stayed in a suite and found the room to be very clean and the bed very comfortable. The restaurant and bar were world class - honestly something we were not expecting. The quality of the food and its presentation format was a real treat and of a level one would expect in a five star resort (without the price tag). There was a business conference going on at the time and the hotel seemed busy but yet the staff was very accomodating on many fronts given our family situation and the flexibilty we needed. As an example, the chef stayed past closing on Friday night to accommodate a late arrival who was hungry and they were also very responsive and discreet in helping us fax confidential documents to meet a deadline. I'd certainly stay there again and the only negative factor I can think of is that my wife and I put on about 3 pounds from all the good food we ate in the restaurant in the week we were there. Great location, great restaurants and shopping in close vicinity and less than 20 minutes from the airport and downtown Halifax!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bottomline_10
Ottawa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

The hotel is fairly new, so I found it clean. The room was spacious and included a jacuzzi tub which was nice. I found the staff friendly, and the room was kept very clean. There were 2 things that annoyed me about this hotel - noise level and the fact they are blocking VoIP on their internet setup. None of the doors in the hallways are dampened, and the banging started at 5:30 AM - non-stop. I need to relax and sleep when I'm in a hotel, and this one does not accommodate that.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Cape Breton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

I have stayed in many hotels over the years for business and vacation and have never taken the time to write a review. I stayed at this hotel with my husband on a weekend in January and was extremely happy with the hotel, location, staff and restaurant. The hotel is close to shopping and easy to find. This hotel is very clean, it has a pool and without a doubt the best breakfast (free) I have had at any hotel. Usually when I travel I don't enjoy the food at hotel restaurants, but when the staff told me about it my husband and I decided to give it a try rather than head out in the cold again. The food was fantastic and service was great too, I have already recommended this hotel to everyone I can think of. The only other thing I need to mention is the rest of the staff we were fortunate enough to have help us while staying. From the front desk to the housekeeping department, we received great service for our entire stay. If you're travelling to Nova Scotia this is the place you need to stay!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Downtown Halifax
Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown, Nova Scotia, Canada
Downtown Halifax
Cambridge Suites - Halifax

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Dartmouth Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!