“Good price, nothing fancy, seconds from the bridge to Halifax” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Inn - Dartmouth

Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
“Good price, nothing fancy, seconds from the bridge to Halifax”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

This is and ok hotel. The price is reasonable and it's clean. Not the best location a as fast as view but if you want a place to crash that's close to Halifax and affordable this is the place to go. You are literally 30 seconds away from the McKay bridge to cross over to Halifax and is cheeper than the downtown hotel. Free parking which you won't find in downtown Halifax. This is not a resort hotel, no pool or anything for the kids but if affordable and convenient is what your looking for that's the place.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank hemispheres777
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to fill out our online survey.

We are just begining our renovations, to update the hotel. I hope we will have the opportunity to see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Irricana Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2014

This place is clean, the staff is friendly and understanding and the suite was way beyond what we expected!!!!! Highly recommend this place. A wee bit dated but nothing that would change my review. And the breakfast was excellent. The bedding clean and fresh and they bathroom was immaculate. Lots of pillows and extra blankets.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank You for taking the time to fill out our online survey.

Thank you for your kind words. I hope we will have the chance to see you again soon!
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel while a little dated (renovations are on going to fix this) the price is right and only a stone throw from Halifax. The staff is always friendly and greet you with a smile. Rooms are clean and the internet was fast. Breakfast is fruit, yogurt, bagels, waffles and cereal.
Coffee and tea.

There is water in the rooms but not sure if it was free or not.

I would stay here again

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Matt T
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this review, 5 September 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete the online survey. You are right, we are starting our renovations. We will be updating the outside of the building, increasing the size of the lobby to include a large breakfast area and updating all our rooms.

I hope you will have the chance to visit us again. The water in the room is free!!

Thanks Again!!
MORENO VALLEY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I liked this place. I plan on being in the Halifax area next year and will probably stay here again. I had a large room that included a sitting area with a sofa, desk, Microwave, & large mini fridge. My room was right at the end of the hall and I don't think I ever had a neighbor on my other side for the 10 days I was here. But the best thing about this place is the Wi-Fi. Take it from someone who travels full-time, Wi-Fi in most hotels is crap! This one was very fast, one of the best I've had in a hotel in months. Very nice people upfront.

I wish they had an exercise room and a guest laundry.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words. We are going to be renovating this fall, and one of the projects is to add a washer and dryer for our guests to use. We look forward to seeing you again.
Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

My first impression upon checking in and going to my room was that the hotel was very dated. Needed new paint, carpets were worn, and the hallways smelled faintly stale. But over all my stay was good. The room was clean. Sheets were white, clean and fresh. The comforter was old but clean. Bathroom was clean. Breakfast hit the spot with fresh coffee, tea, juice milk. Bagels, waffles and bread to toast. Fresh fruit, yogurt, and cereal. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to place this review online. We will be undergoing renovations later this year. I hope you will get the chance to come back and check us out, once all the work is completed.
Yarmouth, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

The price was ok. It was raining and we paid extra to make sure we had a drive up room. We had a drive up room BUT no parking space. We were traviiling with sports equipment and could not get aa parking spot anywere near our room . When I told the frount desk attendant he said he would look in to it . I told him all the parking spots were marked for each room. He never looked in to it or
Called my room to apoligize he was to busy chatting up the scruffy looking teens in the lobby. It was to late to get a new hotel at this point . The place smeled of really bad recently lit cigrette ahd the frount lobby chair which my son went to sit in had a large wet spot (hope it was water ) but looked worse. The breakfast was fair but no trays and you have to take it from the lobby to room 122. I usally book choice hotels for the rewards hut the night attendant said he could not give me my points for this . I will be calling choice rewards this is reduclus. The morning staff were great .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Patricia M, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete the on-line survey. Your comments are very important to me. I will be communicating your concerns with my team.

I am very happy to tell you that this property will be 100% renovated later this year.

I hope to see you again, in the near future.

Patricia McQuillan

Kingston, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

The price was right. The rooms were clean and quiet. There was a bar across the street we had dinner at (service was excellent, food was o.k. but we were the only ones there). We ate at King of Donairs one night...food was horrible). Was in a convenient location. Wasn't impressed my credit cards were charged twice. I had asked if I could pay for the room on a different credit card and was assured it was in time. Instead it was charged to both cards and then one card was refunded (still waiting almost a week later for that money back) and no one told me until I called to inquire. The only other complaint is I wish they had had an elevator as we were on second floor and had to carry our bags. We would stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Mary V, General Manager at Comfort Inn - Dartmouth, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete an online review of our hotel.

Just to clarify, we had refunded the second credit card within a minute of charging it, as we realized the mistake. The delay in receiving your money back is because of the credit card company and their bank.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth
BEST WESTERN PLUS Dartmouth Hotel & Suites
Comfort Inn Halifax
Comfort Inn Halifax
#18 of 28 in Halifax

Been to Comfort Inn - Dartmouth? Share your experiences!