“Clean and Comfortable”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Clean and Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

Had a 4 day trip to the Halifax area planned, so booked this hotel based on the promotion Travelodge had going at the time, as well as the good reviews. The hotel is nothing fancy, but if you are looking for a clean, comfortable stay and a good price, this is a good place to stay.

Upon arrival, we were upgrading from our regular king room to a king suite which was nice. According to the website, the hotel was recently renovated and the rooms did look as though they had new carpet, furnishings, etc, but the outside of the building could use some work.

The hotel is in an odd location (industrial park) as some other reviewers have mentioned, but despite this it is very close to many things. Convenience stores are just a couple of minutes down the road, the Mackay bridge to Halifax is only about 1 minute away, and only about 5 minutes to Mic Mac Mall and Dartmouth crossing, so no complaints there.

Having the complimentary breakfast was nice with a good variety of hot and cold items, but the eating area is kinda cramped and right in the lobby so there are always people passing through during your breakfast.

All in all, I was very happy with the hotel for the rate I had paid, and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
GM_CISDart, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this review, 9 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share with your fellow travellers what your stay with us was like.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the complimentary suite upgrade you were provided for your 4-night stay!

We are pleased that our room renovations are almost completed, and look forward to starting to refurbish the front porch, replace the front doors, and work on the lobby and breakfast area renovations next! It is exciting to present our valued guests with a fresh, updated property.

We hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Brenda Perrin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Charlottetown, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

We booked this hotel for a couple of reasons, it was in a good location (popping back and forth to Halifax was quick and easy), it was one of the only hotels that had a king size bed (my boyfriend is 6'7 and needs bed space!), it has free parking, free breakfast and was an excellent price with our CAA discount.

It is in an industrial area, which means the hotel is quiet! We both loved this aspect. A few people complained about location on here, but I find you have to drive to most places anyway unless you pay a fortune to stay downtown. It took us about 10 minutes to get to the Halifax Waterfront which is where we did a lot of our voyaging. It was close to Dartmouth Crossing which is a box store/strip mall that has pretty much anything you could need (and had what I needed to get while in Dartmouth/Halifax). It is about a 10 minute drive to a 24 hour pharmacy which we also ended up needing.

The room looked recently upgraded (I saw they recently did renovations and I'm assuming our room was one of them because it was fantastic), we had a lovely view of the forest behind us (the other side of the hotel has a view of the Harbour and city), the breakfast was continental but included homemade French toast which was delicious!

The only thing that would make this hotel better would be a pool ;) I find those are rare in hotels on the east coast though!

The front staff was extremely friendly, I've stayed at a lot of hotels and motels and had a lot of friendly staff before but this was east coast hospitality at it's finest! They were super helpful, greeted me and remembered me each time I passed and were just overall lovely.

I will definitely be staying here again next time I need to go to Halifax!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with us.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed every aspect of your stay with us, and that our renovations made your time with us even more pleasurable.

We hope to have you back again soon!

Summerfield, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2012

Upon arrival, we cancelled our reservation here. The hotel is undergoing renovation, which once complete, should make the hotel far nicer. Our reception was friendly and the hotel seemed clean with a breakfast area in the lobby. However, we were concerned with the U Haul trucks in the parking lot (The hotel is also a UHaul dealer) and the men taking a break on the front patio. The reception attendant explained that the hotel was undergoing renovation and showed us the NSK we would have if we checked in. To reach our room, we had to pass rooms where carpeting was being installed and weave amond mattresses lining the hallway. The hotel is located at the first Dartmouth exit at the Mackay toll bridge with may or may not be good. We chose not to stay.

Room Tip: Visit here only after the renovation is complete!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
GM_CISDart, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this review, 24 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience with us to your fellow travellers!

I am very sorry if the renovations activities performed during the day in creating an improved product for our guests were offputting in any way. I can assure you that we are not a U-Haul dealer, but as a neighbouring business we utilized their trucks for the storage of supplies for our renovations.

Renovations are never an easy thing, whether it's at home or at a place of business, but I am happy to share that our rooms are very near to being completed. I am looking forward to providing our guests with a refreshed product, and am confident that the efforts involved will make our guests very satisfied in the long run. Our next project is the lobby and breakfast area.

While I am happy to read that your service experience at our hotel was positive, it is truly unfortunate that you decided not to stay as a result of our renovations. I hope that on your next visit to the area, we will see you again, and you can see the finished product.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2012

My husband and I stayed here in 2010 when this hotel was under the management of Country Inn and Suites. It suited us so well that we didn’t hesitate to book here again. Fortunately, under the Travelodge banner, the things we liked haven’t changed.
1. Very clean facilities
2. Large room (Ours had recently been redecorated.) Our room this time had a separate sitting room and kitchenette.
3. Convenient, free parking
4. Excellent breakfast with hot options, included in the price
5. Very friendly and accommodating staff
6. Free wifi, which worked well
7. Complimentary hot drinks available from the lobby 24/7
8. Laundry room on site, reasonably priced
9. Easy access from the airport
An innovation we were pleased to see was the three bins in our room for rubbish, recycling and composting. This is one of the few hotels we’ve seen which is making it easy for guests to be environmentally responsible.
The hotel is currently being refurbished and we saw new beds and carpet waiting to be installed. The breakfast area will be next – it was being measured up as we left.
Halifax/Dartmouth is one of our favourite destinations and we hope to visit again to continue exploring Nova Scotia. You can be sure that we’ll stay at the Travelodge.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
GM_CISDart, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your fellow travellers!

I am very happy to hear that our renovations were not a detriment to your stay with us, and that the effort made to improve our product has resulted in an even better experience for you. I am also glad that you enjoyed one of our spacious suites, and that the breakfast was a good addition to your stay.

We hope to have you as our guests again when you return to the Dartmouth/Halifax area from the other side of the globe.

Moncton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

The location is about the only negative of this hotel. It is situated in an industrialized area. The Staff was great and very helpful, the food was good, and the accommodations were big,very clean and well kept. I would come back,,

Room Tip: The suites are worth the extra few $
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

I am so happy to hear that your service experience at our hotel makes you want to return! It is always wonderful to hear when our staff's commitment to providing every guest with a clean, comfortable stay and friendly service has left a positive impact. I am also glad that you enjoyed one of our spacious suites.

I was sorry to read that our location was not the most convenient for your needs, but hope to see you again soon.

Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here reserved by a tour we were on. It was one of the nicest we stayed in while in Nova Scotia. I was not feeling well on second day here and it was so nice to have extra sitting area to relax in. Continental breakfast was great and roomy for the number in our group.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

I am so happy to hear that you felt comfortable at our hotel! We aim to feel like a "second home" for our guests, and to hear that ours was one of your best experiences in a province known for its unique, friendly hospitality is truly a lovely compliment.

We truly appreciate your feedback, and hope to see you again soon.

Miramichi, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

We travel to the Halifax area for medical reasons for a number of years and we have always stayed with you in Dartmouth. We visit the Nova Scotia Cancer for my husband. The trip alone is stressful and everyone always makes our stay pleasant.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
GM_CISDart, General Manager at Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay with us!

We know how difficult hospital visits can be, and I am so happy to read that our staff's efforts to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable helps to alleviate some of the stress and make the stay a little easier.

We look forward to continuing to have you as our guest, and truly appreciate you choosing us as your home away from home!

Brenda Perrin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
#5 of 11 in Dartmouth
Downtown Halifax
Cambridge Suites - Halifax

Been to Travelodge Suites Halifax Dartmouth? Share your experiences!