“great place to stay”

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
Truro, Canada
“great place to stay”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

I stayed at the hotel for the winter roundup with family and friends.The hotel is very comfortable and the staff is just fantastic. The front desk staff made my weekend, just to mention a few of the young ladies Kyler, Beth, and Seechell they are great!!!!! I really have to say that, Beth and Seechell were like peanut butter and jam , inseparable . All in all I really enjoyed the hotel, the banquet room was just beautiful, and the dinner was delicious.

Room Tip: I would suggest getting a balcony room the view is just beautiful.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank nancy w
Kelly V, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Nancy, I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were satisfied with all aspects of your stay. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and recognize them for their efforts and friendliness. I know peanut butter and jam will be thrilled to hear about this wonderful review. It would truly be a pleasure to have you as our guest again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Reviewed 16 February 2014

While on a business trip to Halifax I stayed at the holiday inn.
The staff are fantastic. They couldn't do enough to make my stay a pleasure. The cleaners all spoke to me, the reception were very helpful. The town is very quiet in February but the staff recommended things to do and places to go.
A special mention to Tanya and Jo-Anne in the bar has to be made. Excellent service and good fun to talk too.
The only negative about my stay at the holiday was probably the breakfast but only because I'm not a fan of deep fried bacon.
The general hotel food was superb.

• Stayed February 2014
Kelly V, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We always appreciate guest feedback as it helps us identify areas in which we can enhance both service and overall guest experience. All of our staff are truly valued members of our team and we are delighted to hear that your stay was made that much more enjoyable as a result of their commitment to service. Thanks again for your kind words and we look forward to having you stay with us again soon!
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I don't usually stay in Dartmouth when I'm in the city, but this past weekend I was there for a conference in Dartmouth and decided to stay here at the Holiday Inn. It was my first time staying at this hotel. The staff were friendly and the rooms, while small, were comfortable, clean, and had everything I needed.

I spend most of my time on the Halifax side whenever I'm in the city but may stay here again as It is very close to both the ferry and Maritime Bus terminals.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Kelly V, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
I wanted to write to you to say thank-you for taking the time to post your TripAdvisor review following your stay with us in January. We are delighted that we met all of your criteria for a great hotel stay. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.
Sydney, Canada
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I went on a birthday vacation and couldn't believe how awesome the hotel staff were. I felt so welcome and they made my holiday extra special!! Staff were extra helpful concerning buses (Courtney in particular-- thank you for the app!), and they gave me cheesecake on my birthday. Phenomenal staff! I recommend the fish and chips!

Cannot recommend this hotel enough!!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Kelly V, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Amazing review, thank you so much for such lovely feedback! We always look to celebrate our guests’ special occasions and we are delighted that everything worked out so well on your visit. Hope you have a chance to visit again!
New Glasgow, Canada
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We recently stayed at the Harbour View Holiday Inn during Christmas 2013 - Christmas Eve I made the booking at the last minute and wondered if I'd be able to get a room. When we checked in, we found we were the only guests at the hotel that night! We had the place to ourselves.
The staff were very very nice, friendly, helpful during our stay - they were glad to have us there and it actually showed. In the mornings there was a buffet as the restaurant, not surprisingly, was closed - we had all the coffee, juice, bagels, muffins we could eat.
There was a nice little fitness room with great showers right across from our room, so we availed ourselves of the showers as they had lots more room than the rather small bathtub shower in the room. We didn't use the fitness centre as we ran outdoors on Christmas Day and Boxing Day - the hotel is right next to the MacDonald Bridge between Dartmouth and Halifax, so we ran across it, along funky Brunswick Street on a quiet snowy Christmas morning, and then to the Clock Tower and Citadel. Great Christmas Day run - but you won't be able to do it for next 1.5 years as they are doing repairs to the bridge and pedestrians and bicyclists will not be allowed.
Boxing Day we went the other direction to Lake Banook - the centre of east-coast paddling sports in Canada. Great running/walking along here too leading into Shubenacadie Park.
The hotel is well situated, but is a bit of a hoof to get to the ferry to Halifax - a short taxi ride though. Not much for restaurants/nightlife in the immediate area - just McDonalds, Subway, Wendys, and so on.
Overall - we enjoyed our time at the hotel and our main "plus" was the very friendly and attentive staff. The rooms are basic hotel room fare, but comfy and - for us - very quiet!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AVeitch
Kelly V, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
It is very gratifying for the team to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and the hospitality at the Holiday Inn Harbourview. AVeitch, it truly sounds like you had an amazing stay here and I'm glad we were able to contribute to that.
Thank you for all of your wonderful comments and we hope that you will return again in the future.
Montreal
Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Attended a meeting in December. The facilities were perfect. Service was polite, professional and resourceful. Food was excellent. The room was very clean, employees were very nice. I recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Kelly V, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 23 December 2013
Thank you oh so much for taking the time to write a review. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and were satisfied with all aspects of your stay. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon
Toronto
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Friendly staff, very clean room and facility. They treat you like a family owned hotel. Rooms with harbor view, restaurant with excellent seafood menu ( No wonder in Nova Scotia), bar with couple of draft beers and most important thing again, I can't say enough of how friendly they were.

Room Tip: Go for harbor view.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Kelly V, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
It truly was a pleasure for us to read your review and we feel as if you summed up our property perfectly. AliRast it would be a pleasure to have you as our guest again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Downtown Halifax
Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown
Downtown Halifax
Cambridge Suites - Halifax

Been to Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview? Share your experiences!