“Not what expecting ” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
Nova Scotia, Canada
“Not what expecting ”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel is old and outdated and not very accommodating to guests. Myself and my fiancé travel and "usually" stay at this hotel as it's booked through work. We won't be staying here ever again. Even if it's free. And will be telling employees to book else where. Like the Hampton which is usually cheaper newer cleaner and free parking and free breakfast. If not cheaper not much more. Beds are hard as a rock bath tubs have chipping paint. Asked for a king bed as we are a couple and was given 2 double beds. Stayed the weekend before and beds were ok. Cribs are old metal and low. I can barely pick my daughter up when she's in it and she woke up screaming with hands and arms stuck between the bars. Maybe play pens are more practical. Breakfast is ok if you get the buffet. But almost 20 bucks a person hardly worth it. Pool was closed when I stayed last so can't comment there. Gym is hardly what you consider a gym with a treadmill and a bike. Only bonus is we were able to check in before the actual check in time. However I wouldn't recommend this hotel to any one!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kristenm03
HotelCoordinator, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Feedback such as this is very helpful when we are considering what improvements can be made to enhance the experience of our guests. Although we do try our best to provide each guest with the room type of their preference, we regret at the time of check in the only room types we had available were that with two double beds. It is not our intention to provide a product you were unsatisfied with.
As always, if there is any way we can be of further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact us and hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distance future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Charlottetown, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel was ok... just ok. The rooms and décor are outdated. The service however was great. I ate both supper and breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Supper was very good. I was very pleased. Breakfast on the other hand, was not. Overall, the hotel was ok for the price. But, if you're looking for a high end hotel, this isn't it. If you're looking for a clean hotel with friendly staff, and a place to lay your head... this will suffice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for contributing your comments to TripAdvisor. It appears we are doing some things well, and your comments will help us improve the other areas. I hope you will stay with us again in the future so we have the opportunity to truly exceed your expectations.
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

We held our Canadian Glass Association national conference at this facility and the service and hospitality was excellent!
From the event planners to the concierge, restaurant staff and housekeeping. It was all top notch service and I would highly recommend this hotel for any event that you may be planning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kelly V, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave this kind review and for recommending our property. The Canadian Glass Association was a wonderful group to have and we would welcome you back anytime!
Arequipa, Peru
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

We only stayed one night, booked last minute, so we didn't shop around much
Was shocked, on checking out, to find that parking was $10 extra (if you complain they take if off)
and breakfast was close to $20.
Room was comfortable and clean, and the wait staff in the bar were friendly, but the extra charges spoil it.
Its called Harbourview, but they stuck us overlooking the parking lot (the view was probably extra too!)

Room Tip: Not really worth the money
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kelly V, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you very much for choosing the Holiday Inn Harbourview and for your comments. I am sorry to hear that you were displeased with the cost of breakfast and our parking fee. I assure you that we remain very competitive with our rates. We wish every room had a harbour view but unfortunately that's just not possible on some of our lower floors. Glad you found the room comfortable and clean. Thanks again!
Saint John
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

had to call and change reservation. Staff very helpful. We stayed on the long weekend and lots of kids. No problem. everything quiet at night. Dog friendly hotel. Nice buffet breakfast. and excellent supper.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SaihtJohnliftman
Kelly V, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
I am delighted to see that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you found the service and facilities to be of an excellent standard. I hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

I have used this facility many times for out of town business. However, three times in the last year, they have billed me and the organization for the time spent there. The only proof I have is on my credit card bill but they deny they had one on file. its a nice hotel with nice staff but something is up. This time I am out $150 and i can't afford to have that happening each time I have to travel to dartmouth. From this point forward, I will be choosing another facility.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Kelly V, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
We appreciate your feedback in regards to the billing issues. The refund has been processed but if you are speaking of another incident please contact me at kvanhorne@hiharbourview.ca. Thanks
Rural Nova Scotia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

I stayed at the Halifax Harbourview 1 night for a Convention. It was quiet, clean and i got a great night's sleep. Check-in was a bit of a problem because they had somehow booked a room-mate for me, but they cleared that up and everything else was a breeze, especially since i had pre-paid so didn't have to go to the desk for checkout.

The room was very quiet, and spotlessly clean. Everything worked but one lamp. I liked the idea of having the toilet and sink in 2 separate bathroom areas as this could be convenient for 2 people. I had a very comfortable king size bed which could have slept 3!
The convention was in the next building linked to the hotel and the only way I could find to get there was to go to the ground floor of the hotel elevator and then walk around inside and up the stairs to the convention centre. I don't think I could get to my hotel room by elevator from the convention centre - I tried and ended up on a floor of offices where some kind people re-directed me. I love any extra exercise i can get so the extra walking was fine for me. I even walked up the 5 flights of stairs to my hotel room twice (instead of taking the elevator), but I think some one with disabilities might find the traverse from the hotel to the convention a bit difficult and time absorbing.

I didn't have time to try breakfast and just had coffee in my room. The coffee made by the coffee machine was excellent.

Room Tip: Room 552 was great!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Soulee
Kelly V, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
What a great review! Many thanks for contributing your comments to TripAdvisor.
It sounds like we were able to meet all your expectations and exceed some. We thank you for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Downtown Halifax
Homewood Suites by Hilton Halifax-Downtown, Nova Scotia, Canada
Atlantica Hotel Halifax
#17 of 28 in Halifax
Downtown Halifax
Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown

Been to Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview? Share your experiences!