“No complaints”

Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
“No complaints”
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

Once again this hotel is wonderful. I appreciated the kind staff at the front desk who had professionalism, great personality and making it easy to check in while directing others to a wedding reception and answering phone, all the while I felt like I was still being taken care of.

I also appreciate the fact that this is a hotel that does not actually require a cash deposit for incidentals. A credit card number on file is sufficient. Makes life a lot easier and saves us money. Even booking through an outside source I was still treated well.

The hotel is easy to get to from various directions and the grounds are tidy and there is plenty of parking. Upon entering the lobby it is clean and nicely decorated. The halls and rooms are kept tidy and while some may say things are worn down or a bit outdated it is still a well kept hotel.

I will definitely be back.it is a great place to stay. Keep up the great work a Holiday Inn!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Saundersfam
HotelCoordinator, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I’m not sure we could have said it better ourselves! Thank you so much for your kind review. I will be sure to share your comments with the team and recognize them for their efforts and professionalism. We would be delighted to have you as our guest again in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
PEI, Canada
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Our family of six stayed in two connecting rooms with balconies overlooking the pool and harbour on Jun 6 - 8. The rooms were clean and the staff were very accommodating.

Since their pool wasn't open for the season, they gave us passes to the pool at the Dartmouth Sportsplex across the street, which the family enjoyed a lot. One of the kids cut their finger on the locker at the Sportsplex and upon retuning to the hotel, I went to the front desk for a bandage and they had one for me immediately. Courtney is a great asset to the hotel.

I had read that here would be a $10 fee for parking a night, but we were not billed for it (maybe because my husband is a Priority Club member?)

I would give this hotel full marks if breakfast was included in the room price (even continental) but other than that, I could find nothing to complain about.

We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
HotelCoordinator, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
I wanted to write to you to say Thank You for taking the time to post your TripAdvisor review following your stay with us. I am delighted to note that you and your family enjoyed your time with us and you all felt well looked after. I will be sure to pass your comments along to Courtney and do hope that you will visit us again in the near future.
Spaxton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

A room on the 7th floor overlooking the bay and harbour afforded a superb view.
The room was clean and well maintained, the bed was very comfortable with good
Quality bedding, making a very good nights sleep. My only adverse comment is that
the wash basin area is very small and cramped, but this said and done will not stop
me returning if I am in the area again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Many thanks for sharing your impressions of the Holiday Inn Harbourview - the team and myself look forward to welcoming you back anytime!
Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel is old and outdated and not very accommodating to guests. Myself and my fiancé travel and "usually" stay at this hotel as it's booked through work. We won't be staying here ever again. Even if it's free. And will be telling employees to book else where. Like the Hampton which is usually cheaper newer cleaner and free parking and free breakfast. If not cheaper not much more. Beds are hard as a rock bath tubs have chipping paint. Asked for a king bed as we are a couple and was given 2 double beds. Stayed the weekend before and beds were ok. Cribs are old metal and low. I can barely pick my daughter up when she's in it and she woke up screaming with hands and arms stuck between the bars. Maybe play pens are more practical. Breakfast is ok if you get the buffet. But almost 20 bucks a person hardly worth it. Pool was closed when I stayed last so can't comment there. Gym is hardly what you consider a gym with a treadmill and a bike. Only bonus is we were able to check in before the actual check in time. However I wouldn't recommend this hotel to any one!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kristenm03
HotelCoordinator, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Feedback such as this is very helpful when we are considering what improvements can be made to enhance the experience of our guests. Although we do try our best to provide each guest with the room type of their preference, we regret at the time of check in the only room types we had available were that with two double beds. It is not our intention to provide a product you were unsatisfied with.
As always, if there is any way we can be of further assistance to you, please do not hesitate to contact us and hopefully we can welcome you back to the hotel in the not too distance future.

Travellers are raving about these Dartmouth hotels

Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

This hotel was ok... just ok. The rooms and décor are outdated. The service however was great. I ate both supper and breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Supper was very good. I was very pleased. Breakfast on the other hand, was not. Overall, the hotel was ok for the price. But, if you're looking for a high end hotel, this isn't it. If you're looking for a clean hotel with friendly staff, and a place to lay your head... this will suffice.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Many thanks for contributing your comments to TripAdvisor. It appears we are doing some things well, and your comments will help us improve the other areas. I hope you will stay with us again in the future so we have the opportunity to truly exceed your expectations.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We held our Canadian Glass Association national conference at this facility and the service and hospitality was excellent!
From the event planners to the concierge, restaurant staff and housekeeping. It was all top notch service and I would highly recommend this hotel for any event that you may be planning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Kelly V, Hotel Coordinator at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave this kind review and for recommending our property. The Canadian Glass Association was a wonderful group to have and we would welcome you back anytime!
Arequipa, Peru
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We only stayed one night, booked last minute, so we didn't shop around much
Was shocked, on checking out, to find that parking was $10 extra (if you complain they take if off)
and breakfast was close to $20.
Room was comfortable and clean, and the wait staff in the bar were friendly, but the extra charges spoil it.
Its called Harbourview, but they stuck us overlooking the parking lot (the view was probably extra too!)

Room Tip: Not really worth the money