“Great Price And Great Rooms”

Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
Sudbury, Canada
“Great Price And Great Rooms”
Reviewed 17 August 2010

I travelled with my sister and brother-inlaw, we had two rooms. Booked through expedia and got a great price for two days. The rooms were very nice and clean and the beds and pillows were very comfortable to sleep on. Nice to see you get a choice of firm or soft pillows to use. This was the only place that offered this. The staff was very friendly and a shout out to Kim that works behind the check-in desk. Thanks for all the help you gave us with directions to get around in Halifax. Just a 10 minute walk down the street and you can catch the ferry to go across to Halifax Harbour.

• Stayed August 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Halifax was fairly booked up for a Saturday night so we decided to head across to Dartmouth for one night. The hotel was pretty easy to get to from Downtown Halifax...10-15 minute ferry ride and then a 10 minute walk up the hill, though you can catch a bus up the hill if you need to.

Check-in was really quick and easy, staff were friendly, and they easily accommodated my request for 2 beds. The room was as you would expect for a Holiday Inn...clean, comfortable beds, and lots of pillows. Though the bathroom was a bit small, it didn't bother me at all. The free wifi was easy to connect to in the room as well as the lobby. Our room faced the bridge but we weren't bothered at all by any traffic noise. Only downside for me was the lack of fridge in the room.

I noticed that you have to pay for parking but if you are willing to walk a couple blocks, there's lots of free parking in the nearby residential areas. There is also a small fitness center and outdoor pool. I didn't use either of these but they looked adequate.

Got up in the morning for a jog across the MacDonald bridge and caught the sunrise....Beautiful!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
New Brunswick
Reviewed 26 June 2010

My teenage son & I stayed here one night last week after coming into town to shop at the Mountain Equipment Co -op for gear on his upcoming sea kayaking/backpacking/canoeing trips this summer. There is free on site parking, only a coip,e o minutes drive to downtown Halifax (bridge toll is 75 cents, & try to avoid rush hours & have change as there is typically one booth that makes change, but 2 or more that accept exact change). I've been told by locals (but not anyone at the hotel) that you may not want to wander around the area after dark. There is a large city bus transfer station right across the street & a McDonald's half a block up as well. Have stayed here maybe a half dozen times, there's a restaurtant on site that I've had breakfast at before, not great, not bad, like most hotels, there's lot's of better choices around town for dining. I'll easily stay here again if the price is right (booked this stay for $59 on Hotwire the morning of our stay).

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank NBHabsfan
Hamilton, Ontario
Reviewed 10 June 2010

My boyfriend and I just got back from staying in the Holiday Inn Harbourview for three nights, and we both wanted to write a review about how excellent our stay was. From the moment we arrived (about an hour and a half before check-in time), they had no problem with us checking in early. We took the Airporter Shuttle from the airport and would have been lugging our stuff around otherwise, but because they let us check in early, we were able to get started on our vacation early!

Of course, this may have been because it wasn't the busiest of days (Sundays, I assume, are not too busy), but we appreciated it anyway. This is just one example of the kindness and helpfulness that we experienced while staying at the hotel. As visitors to the area, we also asked the front desk for good places to eat/visit, and they had plenty of good suggestions for us.

The hotel is also about a 10-minute walk from the Dartmouth-to-Halifax ferry, which was extremely handy, as it was part of the public transportation system. We used it a lot! It's also right next to the bridge AND across the street from a major bus stop, so getting around the city could not have been easier.

The cleaning staff were super friendly and everyone at the hotel went out of their way to make sure we were happy and comfortable.

I should mention that my boyfriend and I are university/college students without a great deal of disposable income, so we do have a certain "we are not that fussy" attitude, but even so, we recognize great service when we see it.

Thank you to the folks at the Holiday Inn Harbourview in Dartmouth!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank zaphodthebb
New Brunswick, Canada
Reviewed 10 May 2010

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Harbourview on a Saturday night after booking it on Priceline.com for $67.00 (+tax & fees)!! Our Hotel room was CLEAN with comfortable beds, and a nice view of the MacDonald bridge and harbour. The staff were very friendly and helpful - GREAT service!

This hotel has a great location!! It's located directly beside the MacDonald bridge, a 5 min drive to downtown Halifax (lots of shopping and historical attractions). It's about 10 minutes from Mic Mac Mall, and Dartmouth crossing (lots of shopping, restaurants, movie theatre), and it's about 20 mins from the airport. The hotel charges 9.95 (+ tax) for parking which I did not mind given the location and the ease of navigating Dartmouth. In fact, many of the downtown hotels charge around $20.00. The hotel does not offer a complimentary breakfast (as the Holiday Inn Express outlets do), but there are numerous restaurants within walking distance as well as a gas station, and pharmacy directly across the street. Although it does not have an indoor pool, there is a play park right next door. Great for young children!!

Although our stay was brief, we had a great time and would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Halifax, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2010

I can only comment on the food, as I'm a local and have not stayed in the hotel.

... I know, you're saying, at a Holiday Inn, c'mon. But I'm serious!!! The food here is incredibly delicious; the best meal I've had dining out in 2 years in Halifax. They apparently have a great new young chef, and the recruitment has paid dividends. My only hope is that they can draw in enough locals to keep the restaurant busy enough to justify such a creative menu. My other hope is that they change it seasonally to take advantage of all the great local foods available; the vegetables with my dinner and in my salad tasted very farm-fresh, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're buying locally.

Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
Canada
Reviewed 20 October 2009

I stayed at this hotel on a leisure trip with my wife. This is an adequate but unimpressive Holiday Inn. It's below the Holiday Inn average, but still acceptable for my purposes.

The common areas are well kept, but the rooms themselves are relatively small. The bathrooms are not well designed at all, with the toilet and bathtub in a room a distance away from the sinks.

The location is okay - close to downtown Halifax and convenient to the airport (although the airport itself is 30 km from town, so the convenience factor is minor). There isn't a whole lot around the hotel itself other than some strip malls.

Paying $10 a night for parking in a suburban area is a bit of an insult, though. You can park on a nearby side street for free.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
HotelGSM, Guest Services Manager at Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview, responded to this review, 21 January 2010
Thank you for your constructive comments Patrol_Man Pete, I firmly believe that without honest & open feedback we cannot grow as a business.

I was pleased to read that we met your needs, and you were comfortable at the hotel, however, I am delighted to inform you that we are now undergoing a full transformation as a hotel & relaunching our brand.

We are changing all of our beddings standards, our bathroom amenities, & public area standards to name just a few of the major changes. So next visit you will notice a great difference.

Once again, thank you for your constuctive comments and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Downtown Halifax
Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
#5 of 11 in Dartmouth
Downtown Halifax
Prince George Hotel
Prince George Hotel
#3 of 28 in Halifax

Been to Holiday Inn Halifax Harbourview? Share your experiences!