“Nice hotel - fab food”

Doubletree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
Reviewed 5 October 2010

We stayed here for 2 nights and it was very nice. It is 10 mins walk to the Halifax ferry. The room was very nice and clean. Nice bathroom. We ate both nights in the hotel as the last ferry back from Halifax was 6.15 p,m. Both times the meals were excellent. We had the halibut and also the salmon and both were very good. The puddings were amazing! I must comment though that although the breakfasts were good (good buffet choice) the breakfast staff (different to the dinner staff) weren't. One of them was very patronising to the customers. We felt offended by his comments and people on the table next to us felt the same way. We thought the staff should go on a customer care course. Otherwise enjoyed our stay. Nice hotel in good position.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
HotelGSM, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2010

Thank you very much for the constructive comments that you have taken the time to make, we always appreciate all feedback that we receive, so that we may learn where our strengths & weaknesses lie.

I was so pleased to read about your experiences in Cafe 101 each evening, we are very proud of the food that we serve, and I was happy to see that you enjoyed your room. I have used your feedback, in relation to the unfortunate incident with the staff member constructively, and have ensured that he is made aware of the effect that his demeanour may have on our guests, and shall be using this as a great example for future training.

Many thanks again for your positive feedback, and we all hope to see you back in Nova Scotia and Canada again soon!

There are newer reviews for Doubletree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth

Reviewed 16 September 2010

I made low ball bid (little less than 1/2) Then paid $25 for upgrade. Harbour view,pool view,balcony,micro,fridge,exec floor. Small gym, so,so restaurant, Rated excelent overall
Hurricane cat 1 shook glass doors, I grew up in Miami and live in Ft. Laud, so barely fazed by cat. 1.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
HotelGSM, Front Office Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2010

Many thanks for your kind comments and your excellent rating, I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay despite Hurricane Earl doing its best to ruin it for you; This weekend was indeed a challenge for the hotel, as storms such as these can be distressing for our guests, but we always strive to manage them in order to make our guests as comfortable as possible.

Thank you again for taking time to review our hotel, and we hope to see you in Nova Scotia again before too long!

Reviewed 23 August 2010

I would recommend this hotel as it is very close to the bridge to Halifax and the ferry terminal to Halifax. The price was cheapest on Expedia so we wound up getting a good price. The hotel restaurant, Cafe 101, was VERY good. My only complaint would be the noise. The sound from the hallway travelled and you could hear every door open, every person walk by, etc.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we are always pleased to receive such great feedback from our guests.

I was delighted that you enjoyed the hotels facilities, and that you were able to secure such value for money. I have discussed your comments regarding noise with our engineers, so that they may develop an action plan to reduce this problem for future guests.

Reviewed 17 August 2010

I travelled with my sister and brother-inlaw, we had two rooms. Booked through expedia and got a great price for two days. The rooms were very nice and clean and the beds and pillows were very comfortable to sleep on. Nice to see you get a choice of firm or soft pillows to use. This was the only place that offered this. The staff was very friendly and a shout out to Kim that works behind the check-in desk. Thanks for all the help you gave us with directions to get around in Halifax. Just a 10 minute walk down the street and you can catch the ferry to go across to Halifax Harbour.

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed 15 August 2010

Halifax was fairly booked up for a Saturday night so we decided to head across to Dartmouth for one night. The hotel was pretty easy to get to from Downtown Halifax...10-15 minute ferry ride and then a 10 minute walk up the hill, though you can catch a bus up the hill if you need to.

Check-in was really quick and easy, staff were friendly, and they easily accommodated my request for 2 beds. The room was as you would expect for a Holiday Inn...clean, comfortable beds, and lots of pillows. Though the bathroom was a bit small, it didn't bother me at all. The free wifi was easy to connect to in the room as well as the lobby. Our room faced the bridge but we weren't bothered at all by any traffic noise. Only downside for me was the lack of fridge in the room.

I noticed that you have to pay for parking but if you are willing to walk a couple blocks, there's lots of free parking in the nearby residential areas. There is also a small fitness center and outdoor pool. I didn't use either of these but they looked adequate.

Got up in the morning for a jog across the MacDonald bridge and caught the sunrise....Beautiful!!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2010

My teenage son & I stayed here one night last week after coming into town to shop at the Mountain Equipment Co -op for gear on his upcoming sea kayaking/backpacking/canoeing trips this summer. There is free on site parking, only a coip,e o minutes drive to downtown Halifax (bridge toll is 75 cents, & try to avoid rush hours & have change as there is typically one booth that makes change, but 2 or more that accept exact change). I've been told by locals (but not anyone at the hotel) that you may not want to wander around the area after dark. There is a large city bus transfer station right across the street & a McDonald's half a block up as well. Have stayed here maybe a half dozen times, there's a restaurtant on site that I've had breakfast at before, not great, not bad, like most hotels, there's lot's of better choices around town for dining. I'll easily stay here again if the price is right (booked this stay for $59 on Hotwire the morning of our stay).

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank NBHabsfan
Reviewed 10 June 2010

My boyfriend and I just got back from staying in the Holiday Inn Harbourview for three nights, and we both wanted to write a review about how excellent our stay was. From the moment we arrived (about an hour and a half before check-in time), they had no problem with us checking in early. We took the Airporter Shuttle from the airport and would have been lugging our stuff around otherwise, but because they let us check in early, we were able to get started on our vacation early!

Of course, this may have been because it wasn't the busiest of days (Sundays, I assume, are not too busy), but we appreciated it anyway. This is just one example of the kindness and helpfulness that we experienced while staying at the hotel. As visitors to the area, we also asked the front desk for good places to eat/visit, and they had plenty of good suggestions for us.

The hotel is also about a 10-minute walk from the Dartmouth-to-Halifax ferry, which was extremely handy, as it was part of the public transportation system. We used it a lot! It's also right next to the bridge AND across the street from a major bus stop, so getting around the city could not have been easier.

The cleaning staff were super friendly and everyone at the hotel went out of their way to make sure we were happy and comfortable.

I should mention that my boyfriend and I are university/college students without a great deal of disposable income, so we do have a certain "we are not that fussy" attitude, but even so, we recognize great service when we see it.

Thank you to the folks at the Holiday Inn Harbourview in Dartmouth!

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zaphodthebb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dartmouth
Comfort Inn - Dartmouth
#5 of 11 in Dartmouth
Downtown Halifax
Hampton Inn by Hilton Halifax Downtown

Been to Doubletree by Hilton Halifax Dartmouth? Share your experiences!