“Major improvements”

Hearthstone Inn Halifax/Dartmouth
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Dartmouth
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have been a very frequent visitor to this property for more than ten years, as a user of the meeting rooms. I visit at least 80 evenings per year which must be more than anyone else! One thing for sure, I have seen all the improvements outside of the guestrooms, and I have been served by all the front desk staff. This hotel is vastly improved over what it was ten years ago and the improvements have accelerated in the past couple of years. Painting and remodeling were great starts, but now the new decor including tasteful framed prints and public area furniture makes it even more of a pleasure to walk in here. It is now a case of me wondering what will be new each time I visit.

On top of this the staff is always very helpful not only to me, but also to the overnight guests. I observe all of this as I myself am a seasoned user of Choice hotels across North America. It is obvious that guests return time and again,as the staff is on first name basis with many of them. Marsha, the operations manager, and front desk staff members Wendy and Scott are particularly helpful. You might even encounter the owner Mike during your visit and not only is he behind all the improvements, he is also part of the friendly nature of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Marsha G, Manager at Hearthstone Inn Halifax/Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2013

Hello NSBIL,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review in regards to your observations of Quality Inn Dartmouth. We certainly appreciate hearing from all our guest. Delighted to hear you like all
the changes and improvements to our facilities .

The next time you are in and have a moment perhaps you would like to see our guest rooms and see what we offer in room.

Again I would like to thank you for your review and look forward to your return to our Hotel.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I spent a restful night here and was pleased with the peace and quiet of my room. I had some computer work that had to be completed and their wifi was great, good coverage and a dependable connection. The bed was comfortable, the room had plenty of room, and the parking area was well-illuminated at night.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Bryan L
Marsha G, Manager at Hearthstone Inn Halifax/Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Hello,

I would like to thank you for taking your time to write a review in regards to your stay with us
here at Quality Inn.

Delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay and comfortable in our guest rooms and with
services provided. It is always nice to find a spot that suits you and makes for an enjoyable
stay.

I hope in the future, should you travel to our city again , that you shall stay with us again.

Thank you again.

Operations Manager
(902)469 5850

Reviewed 17 June 2013

Although this is an older hotel, it is quite inviting in many ways. From what we were told, the hotel is undergoing renovations to achieve more "green" in its operation.
We stayed for 3 nights - and will definitely stay at this motel on our next rip.
Front desk staff were very courteous and helpful throughout our stay.
On our first stay, we were given third floor room for the two nights. It was spacious, had windows that opened, was well appointed, and had an excellent view of the lake.
On our second visit, we were given a ground floor room - windows that did not open and with an air conditioner that was both noisy and very inefficient in its cooling ability.
A hot breakfast was available each day, along with a good variety of other items. The breakfast room itself was of very good size.
The only consistently negative note during our stay was the business centre - a very, very slow computer with a printer that never worked throughout our days.
Currently, this hotel has no restaurant facility - just a pub. Restaurants are not close by - but there are plenty in the area within a 10 minute drive.
I look forward to staying at this location again !

Room Tip: Third floor room with view of the lake is recommended. Request one of the newly renovated rooms whi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Marsha G, Manager at Hearthstone Inn Halifax/Dartmouth, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay with us. Feedback from our guests is very important to us and your input helps with our continuing efforts to provide excellent service and a great stay.

We will make changes to the Business Centre to improve services there for all our
guests use, thank you for input in regards to that .

Marsha Graham
Operations Manager
(902) 469 5850

Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel Feb. 22 and 23rd. We found a coupon in our local paper for this hotel. The offer was $99.00 for the first night and the second night was free. My wife, my son and I stayed in a wheel chair accessible room as my son is in a wheel chair. It was on the third floor but there is an elevator.
The room had a Queen bed and a pull out couch. They were very comfortable. The bathroom was a good size and easy to move the wheel chair around. There was a seat to put in the tube for someone who has mobility problems. I also liked that the sink was just outside the main bath area. There is a small fridge and microwave in the room which came in handy.
The free breakfast buffet was very good. There were juices, tea, coffee, breads, muffins, cereals, yogurt, bacon, two types of eggs and fresh fruit.
This hotel is dog friendly. We brought our small dog with us and they made us feel welcomed and even gave our dog a treat. There is a small park across the road where you can walk your dog.
Just off the main lobby there is a small pub. The prices are reasonable and the food was very good.
What we really enjoyed about this hotel was the staff. Everyone from front desk staff, maids, bar staff etc were extremely friendly and helpful. We are very pleased to have found this hotel and would definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank miracaper
Reviewed 13 November 2012

Recently stayed at this inn with a "Team Buy" voucher.The Inn itself is showing signs of wear but is spotless.Our room had all the essentials and though there was some mildew around the tub,I felt the bath was clean.The staff were very friendly,especially the lady in the breakfast room.It isn't the kind of place I'd stay if I wanted a romantic night out but just for sleeping and then shopping ,it was fine.Would stay again if I got this awesome deal through team buy.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank coldatlantic
Reviewed 1 November 2012

From the outside this hotel looks average but make no mistake about it, this hotel is a first class experience, most notable the beds. My wife and I both agreed, mark that day on the calendar (lol), that these were hands down the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in in our whole entire lives. The rooms are quiet, dark with the shades drawn and super comfy. The perfect storm for sleepin'.

The rooms are clean and spacious. The staff is VERY VERY friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast goes the mile, that's for sure. The hotel is conveniently located a 5-10min drive from Halifax. The TVs are massive.

This is definitely a place I would return to.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank NickWolynsky
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I Stayed in Quality inn Mic Mac,Dartmouth for 01 Night in october overall just for sleeping,room looks very old but staff is very helpfull and friendly.End of the day staff makes the property running because guest might return purely because of staff.but i really feel they should invest some money on rooms to upgrade the condition of the rooms.fitness centre was not too bad to start your day.breakfast was great.Have to say there''s average value for money as a Guest!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business