“Lots of history here”

Shearwater Aviation Museum
Ranked #4 of 33 things to do in Dartmouth
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Lots of Canadian history here. Saw & learned many things about the RCAF & info about Halifax 911 involvement, my teenagers loved it. We dropped in for a quick visit & stayed a few hours.

1  Thank Sparkyont
"fisherman's cove"
"several occasions"
"air show"
in 2 reviews
"great place to take the kids"
"eastern passage"
"lots of history"
"older folks"
"all ages"
"well worth the visit"

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Fine original collection of aircraft associated with the navy. Well restored and well maintained.
We visited in connection with the local model show and military re-ay.enactment group. It made an interesting d

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Well maintained displays of Canadian planes and helicopters. Friendly and well informed volunteer guides. Extensive library available for research

Reviewed 25 November 2013 via mobile

The exhibits are well presented. They are of particular interest for older folks such as myself because I remember when planes flew from what is now called Shearwater.I used to crawl under the fence to the edge of the runway to watch Lancasters take off right over my head.

1  Thank Tom O
See more reviews
Reviewed 26 August 2013 via mobile

Took my boys here for a visit. We ended up staying most of the day. Good displays of lots of great planes and helicopters, well taken care of and lovingly restored. Lots of things to touch. Very important for 10 and 8 year olds. Great staff with lots of knowledge. We met a great vetran navy flier he gave us a "private tour". It was empty and we had the whole place to ourselves. I loved the biplanes. Totally worth a trip to view our military past.

1  Thank Bruce S