“I've had MUCH better”

Modern Orchid
Ranked #37 of 281 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: This restaurant is located in the mall adjacent to Hampton Inn Dartmouth. It looked quite new, probably that's why it is not in your listing as of yet, but I think it is worth to include it.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

It's a nice small,clean restaurant.
The service was fast and friendly.
Only 2 other tables seated the day we came in for lunch.
My husband and I ate off the lunch menu.
My rice was cold and the ginger beef was over done.
It's an okay place but there are far better choices around.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

We were excited to try a new spot but were quickly disappointed as we waited for a table to be cleaned, waited for a sever to take our order, waited and waited for our basic combo plates to show up. Yes it was a bit busy but not packed busy. Our food was cold and I mean out of the fridge cold for some items and others warm but nothing hot. The food was decent, I will say that but it didn't make up for how cold it was. Our server never returned to our table after dropping off our food and disappearing. We didn't even get offered soya sauce. Finally after hearing others near us complain to another server how long they had been waiting for someone to take their order I gave up hope of getting our bill and walked up front to get it myself.
I consider myself very easy to please but we wished we went to McDonalds Drive thru. I don't like leaving a bad review and I think this is my first but with terrible service, cold food and long wait times for no reason we won't be back!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Been looking for a Chinese food restaurant to replace my old haunt (Robie Foods) for quite a while and I think I found it.

The Won Ton soup was the best I have ever had, as was the fried Won Tons served with a delicious home-made sweet and sour sauce. The other dishes we ordered were excellent with the vegetables kept crisp and the meat/shrimp succulent. The venue was clean, service was fantastic, and I enjoyed an imported Chinese beer to seal the meal.

I will be back again, especially for a bowl of that heavenly soup.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

I recently ate here while shopping at Dartmouth Crossing and was pleasantly surprised at how wonderful the Pad Thai tasted. I also ordered the Thai fried rice which was very nice, but I ended up filling up on the Pad Thai so the rice went into a takeout container for later. The servers were pleasant and the place was quite busy with most people ordering Chinese food which also looked good. For someone looking for tasty Pad Thai (I am always looking), this is a great pick.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Really great food found while shopping at Dartmouth Crossing. Have been back a few times any the food is always good. Spicy beef , salt and pepper shrimp (the best). All their sauce are made from scratch and you can tell the ingredients are fresh. The lunch specials are great deals . They are very accomadating with spice levels. Staff are friendly and efficient.

1  Thank Donald F