We had booked this hotel for convenience being walking distance from the Halifax ferry. From our previous experience with Super 8 hotels this one was below our expectations.
The evening employee who checked us in was friendly and courteous but seemed overworked and tired. We were given room 609 with harbor view on the 6th floor (pet friendly floor: thank goodness we didn’t have our cats with us!) but there was a really bad stench in the hallway and in the room, like dirty stinky feet. The room 510 with harbor view on the 5th floor was much better although there was a big water damage stain on the ceiling about 20 inches wide with paint peeling off near the balcony which made us wonder if the smell upstairs could have something to do with this.
The room was somewhat clean and the view was nice but the bed was really hard and the pillows not comfortable.The breakfast area was dirty: upon checking in we went to have a look and all the handles of the drawers under the counter were sticky and covered in what might have been coffee and the morning employee who had to tend to the front desk and the breakfast seemed unfriendly and unfit for a customer service job.
Of the few positives for us were the fridge / microwave in the room, walking to the NoFrills Supermarket through the park and the proximity to the ferry. It seems like there could be a shortage of employees at this hotel because we only saw 1 per shift which could be a security concern. We were only there for one night and would not recommend this hotel and will not return unless we heard major changes and improvements had been done. The employees and the building are in bad need of TLC.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes walk to the Halifax Harbour ferry. A 12 minute ride to everything in downtown Halifax without the parking or traffic congestion. Clean, comfortable rooms and suites, close to great restaurants, 20 minute drive to the airport. Also near Mic Mac Mall and Dartmouth Crossing. Downtown value & convenience without downtown prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Dartmouth Hotel Dartmouth
- Super Eight Dartmouth
- Dartmouth Super 8
- Dartmouth Super Eight
- Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel Nova Scotia