We stayed two nights over the New Year holiday, while visiting family in Dartmouth. The hotel has rooms with a view of the street or of the water, and with very solid walls is extremely quiet - you can hear some hallway noise, but nothing at all from neighbouring rooms.
The rooms are SUPER clean, the Oceanview is perhaps the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. Quick walk to the waterfront and ferry to Halifax. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Rooms are small, but extremely quiet (We stayed over New Year's Eve!) even in a street facing room.
The hotel is not overly fancy and luxurious, but has continental breakfasts until 10 am and the prices are very affordable. I give this place 5 stars because of the cleanliness, staff, and quiet room. Again, not a luxury hotel, but close to everything, cheap, clean and quiet.
The location is great - within minutes you can be on the Dartmouth ferry to downtown Halifax, letting you be in the heart of Halifax for business or fun (like the historic properties or the Citadel) without paying for a downtown hotel. And the Dartmouth ferry is something you should really do on a trip to Halifax anyway - on a nice day, for $2.50, you get the nicest view of the city, the naval yard, and the islands you are going to find.
The location in Dartmouth is also interesting - it's a rapidly up-and coming neighbourhood in Dartmouth, with a couple very funky coffee shops just two blocks away (Two if By Sea, with great pastries and coffee, in one direction, and an organic place, Big Life, in the other) and an increasing number of cool shops and restaurants nearby.
The hotel just changed management in May 2013, and seems to be improving because of it. Some of the rooms would still benefit from some TLC - our room would have benefited from a fresh coat of paint on the walls and some touch ups on the ceiling - but for the price, cleanliness, location, and quiet, it's hard to beat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Minutes walk to the Halifax Harbour ferry. A 12 minute ride to everything in downtown Halifax without the parking or traffic congestion. Clean, comfortable rooms and suites, close to great restaurants, 20 minute drive to the airport. Also near Mic Mac Mall and Dartmouth Crossing. Downtown value & convenience without downtown prices. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Super 8 Dartmouth Hotel Dartmouth
- Super Eight Dartmouth
- Dartmouth Super 8
- Dartmouth Super Eight
- Dartmouth Oceanview Hotel Nova Scotia