“Group of over 20? Sure we can!”
Review of Ela! Greek Taverna

Ela! Greek Taverna
Ranked #21 of 283 Restaurants in Dartmouth
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was fortunate to find Ela! Greek Taverna through a web search of the Dartmouth area. On one specific day we enjoyed both lunch and a group gathering later in the evening. For our group gathering, we left it up to the restaurant to do what they thought best for this casual affair. The appetizer selections presented were delicious! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed Ela’s offerings, service and all platters were left empty. Next time I find myself in Dartmouth, I’ll definitely go back and I suspect our group will once again contact them for ‘the room’ available for private functions.

Well done Ela!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Have been to this restaurant many times, most recently in May of 2018. The menu is fantastic with something for everyone. The Greek standbys are fantastic. Love the spanokopita lunch plate. The ingredients are always fresh and well made. I highly recommend the roast lemon potatoes. They are the best I've had! This is a lovely place to spend a couple of hours with a friend or a group. The most friendly and attentive service, a sweet room and a good wine list too. I recommend the house red. A standard 'go-to' for our girls' luncheons.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Visited this restaurant recently for lunch on recommendation from trip advisor. This place did not disappoint. The interior is really lovely. Service is very good, not rushed which was welcomed. I ordered the lamb schwarma and it was delicious. It came with a greek salad and fries. Way too much food but really good. For a stylish sit down meal, you get excellent value for your money. I highly recommend this restaurant and will be back.

Reviewed 7 April 2018 via mobile

Three of us ate lunch here on a Thursday. One had the chicken skewers, one had the lamb skewers and I had chicken Souvlaki pita. All enjoyed their meal which included a Greek salad and lemon potatoes. You can choose other sides such as rice, fries. Service is okay, however server didn’t come back to check on us or offer ela dip with the warmed pita. We had to go ask another server for this. Food was not long in coming after order was taken.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My wife and I took dinner at Ela in Dartmouth Crossing last week. I am familiar with their Halifax restaurant having dined there numerous times. In its early days Ela (formerly Opa!) had superb greek dishes. My favorite was potato pastry covered lamb chunks in broth served in a very hot bowl (I think they used to call it Kleftico). It was to die for! Unfortunately Ela has significantly reduced the range of greek dishes on the menu. But of the ones still there the food is still very good for a relatively large restaurant. I had Cypriot spicy meatballs with greek salad and toasted greek potatoes. My wfie had short ribs with veggies and salad. The food was very nicely prepared and huge quantities. I was astounded by the size of her short rib and I could not finish my meatballs and other items. We took the rest home and my doggy bag was sufficient to be my lunch the next day. We had shared a plate of dolmades which was excellent as an appetizer. The service was very good and prices were reasonable given the quality and quantity.