“Slid into the abyss”

Ranked #149 of 271 Restaurants in Dartmouth
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Slid into the abyss”
Reviewed 16 September 2013 via mobile

The best one might say is that the interiors are out-dated and worn, with exception of the carpet. Unfortunately the washrooms usually smell badly and are dirty; customer service is usually poor and too often hostile, (if one of the many VLT gamblers who subsidise this Bar, customer service is all but nonexistent); ventilation is inadequate (often smokey); beverages are limited to mainly InterBrew brands only and are expensive; food is mediocre at best and usually poor value except chicken wings on Wed. & Thurs. nights. Flies and other insects still common around bar.

• Visited September 2013

Halifax, Canada
“Great Service and Wings”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

I like this tavern since it's close to my home and has good food. Thursday wing night special! It also has my favorite beer; Keiths Red on tap.
Service is good, prompt and friendly. My first choice for a beer with a buddy in Cole Harbour

Visited May 2013
Dartmouth, Canada
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed 17 March 2013

My husband and I recently visited Big Leagues in Cole Harbour and could not have been happier with the service and food. I have celiac disease and as such, have a difficult time eating meals in pubs as typically, the menu isn't suitable for my dietary restrictions.

I advised our server about my allergy and the care and treatment I received was exceptional. She consulted with the chef about menu options that would be safe for me to have and the chef even was as far as suggesting several meals he could prepare specifically for me.

The server and chef both delivered my meal and were evidently thrilled that they were able to find a solution for me.

For someone like me, this type of service is RARE!!! The meal was fantastic, the service exceptional and overall experience was top notch.

We WILL be going back soon to support this local business!! Highly suggest you check it out!

• Visited March 2013
Windsor, Canada
“To much going on”
Reviewed 27 January 2013

One great thing I can say about this bar is that there is always an auction, charity or raising money for some cause going on. I applaud them for being a very civic minded pub and I'll visit there once in a while just because of that. My problem is that the food is not very good and the service always seems like they have something else going on and you'll have to wait. I go there to support them because they support the community, but I wish I could go there because I liked being there.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Rick K
Dartmouth, Canada
“Good pub food”
Reviewed 28 February 2012

This is a good pub to take your family for an inexpensive but filling meal. This was our first visit and we will be going back. The food is not exceptional, but it is good. Well prepared and generous servings at reasonable prices. The service was quick and attentive even though the place was full. The potato skins were too thick. The fish and chips were excellent. The sauce on the wings was recognizably Dave's sauce - best choice. There is no decor - a very basic venue, but that is not why anyone goes there.

• Visited February 2012