“This IS the place to stay!”

and 1 more site!
Digby Backpackers Inn
New Brunswick
“This IS the place to stay!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had never tried a hostel, and am not generally a B&B person - this place changed my mind!! Wonderful atmosphere, wonderful accommodations, close to everything and the greatest hosts. The rooms were clean, there was both indoor and outdoor space to enjoy. Even in my own home, my shower isn't as good as theirs!! I will visit again as I am in neighbouring NB and travel to NS often.

Room Tip: There are a couple of rooms with en suite bathrooms. We stayed in upstairs rooms on VERY hot days an...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kim R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Ireland
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This was the most fantastic hostel I've stayed in. The owners are magnificent friendly and helpful hosts. We even got to star gaze out their back with an open fire and some cool background music telling stories and having a laugh.
Right beside everywhere in Digby and views of the sun beaming onto the bay in the morning were spectacular.
If I'm ver anywhere near Digby I'll be calling back...you couldn't ask for better

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank cduff2014
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

This is one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. It's incredibly clean with super comfy beds. I stayed in the 4 bed dorm with en suite and the shower was fantastic - excellent water pressure with great heat. Saskia and Claude are great hosts! They happily arranged my whale watching tour for me and then were happy to include me at their table when I bumped into them at a local restaurant. They clearly love where they live, readily sharing their highlites with me. They also take a genuine interest in their guests which is nice to see. I would happily stay again!

Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Vanessa78_12
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The Digby Backpackers Hostel offers all the charm and service of a B&B but priced as a hostel, which it is. Basic breakfast was included. The hostel is in a beautiful old home. I stayed in the 4-bed dorm which has its own modern bathroom. Claude and Saskia are very welcoming and offer helpful advice about local restaurants, sights and activities. Best hostel experience ever.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Lorraine G
Newmarket, Canada
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I've stayed in many hostels throughout Europe, so I decided to give the hostels on this side of the pond a try. I'm so glad that I stayed at this hostel! From the moment we stepped into the place we were greeted with open arms, a friendly smile, and helpful advice on where to eat and tour. I was really pleased with their no-shoes inside policy, because it made it feel more like home. The hostel is very clean, has great character, and while there is only one washroom, there was never a line-up and it was clean!! We didn't stay long enough to fully enjoy all that this hostel had to offer (bonfires in the backyard, board games and great company...our trip was hurried) but I would definitely recommend this place to any person travelling on a budget or looking for a more personal travel experience. Great breakfast to start the day, and a nice friendly send-off when you check out. Great price too!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Jennifer K
Delran, New Jersey
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We had a lovely stay here. To be honest, it was our first time in a hostel - we would definitely do this again. The owners are very nice and welcoming. We helped them to christen their new deck and shared our 1/2 bottle of vodka with them and the other guests. How fun.

The room was nice and clean. The whole place was very nice.

Definitely plan on staying here if you visit Digby. What a lovely, quiet bayside community. We had lovely time.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank ConnieSchwedes
Zug, Schweiz
Reviewed 22 July 2013

One of our stops was Digby, where we went claim digging at the beach. After a though claim digging session we checked in at the Digby Backpackers where Claude and Saskia suprised us with a self cooked dinner! Every morning we got served with a good and healthy breakfast. We definately had a great time in "quiet* Digby. Claude provided us with some fresh and dry wood so we were able to do a gigantic fire every evening. We roasted some "Smoars", drank some beers, played cards and had some great conversations while sitting around the fire.

Cheers

Steff

Room Tip: all rooms are convenient and clean
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends