Digby Backpackers Inn
  • Free Internet
Basinview Motel(Smith's Cove)
Hedley House(Smith's Cove)
View Hotel
Annapolis Royal Inn(Annapolis Royal)
View Hotel
All reviewsprivate roominteresting peoplecooking facilitiesrabbitplace to staysimple breakfastsun deckother guestshome away from homegreat hostsclaudevolunteershousewashroomnblounge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had never tried a hostel, and am not generally a B&B person - this place changed my mind!! Wonderful atmosphere, wonderful accommodations, close to everything and the greatest hosts. The rooms were clean, there was both indoor and outdoor space to enjoy. Even in my own home, my shower isn't as good as theirs!! I will visit again as I am in neighbouring NB and travel to NS often.

Room Tip: There are a couple of rooms with en suite bathrooms. We stayed in upstairs rooms on VERY hot days and the rooms were not TOO hot - much cooler than expected
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Kim R
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This was the most fantastic hostel I've stayed in. The owners are magnificent friendly and helpful hosts. We even got to star gaze out their back with an open fire and some cool background music telling stories and having a laugh.
Right beside everywhere in Digby and views of the sun beaming onto the bay in the morning were spectacular.
If I'm ver anywhere near Digby I'll be calling back...you couldn't ask for better

• Stayed: April 2014
2  Thank cduff2014
Reviewed 27 September 2013

This is one of the nicest hostels I've stayed in. It's incredibly clean with super comfy beds. I stayed in the 4 bed dorm with en suite and the shower was fantastic - excellent water pressure with great heat. Saskia and Claude are great hosts! They happily arranged my whale watching tour for me and then were happy to include me at their table when I bumped into them at a local restaurant. They clearly love where they live, readily sharing their highlites with me. They also take a genuine interest in their guests which is nice to see. I would happily stay again!

Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
3  Thank Vanessa78_12
Reviewed 13 September 2013

The Digby Backpackers Hostel offers all the charm and service of a B&B but priced as a hostel, which it is. Basic breakfast was included. The hostel is in a beautiful old home. I stayed in the 4-bed dorm which has its own modern bathroom. Claude and Saskia are very welcoming and offer helpful advice about local restaurants, sights and activities. Best hostel experience ever.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Lorraine G
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I've stayed in many hostels throughout Europe, so I decided to give the hostels on this side of the pond a try. I'm so glad that I stayed at this hostel! From the moment we stepped into the place we were greeted with open arms, a friendly smile, and helpful advice on where to eat and tour. I was really pleased with their no-shoes inside policy, because it made it feel more like home. The hostel is very clean, has great character, and while there is only one washroom, there was never a line-up and it was clean!! We didn't stay long enough to fully enjoy all that this hostel had to offer (bonfires in the backyard, board games and great company...our trip was hurried) but I would definitely recommend this place to any person travelling on a budget or looking for a more personal travel experience. Great breakfast to start the day, and a nice friendly send-off when you check out. Great price too!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends