Come From Away B&B Inn
  • Free Internet
Basinview Motel(Smith's Cove)
Hedley House(Smith's Cove)
View Hotel
Annapolis Royal Inn(Annapolis Royal)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe main housesecond floornova scotiaprivate decklovely roomanyone travelingrecommend staying herewatch the boatsgreat viewlarge windowsother guestscharming placeenjoyed our stayshort walkdelicious breakfastperfect locationroad trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My friend wrote a negative review about this B&B & the owners had the nerve to lie about what actually occurred. When we arrived the owners were sitting in the living room with their feet up drinking white wine. We were the only people checking in at the time so I'm not sure how they can say it was busy. They didn't believe we had a reservation until she showed the print out and then didn't even offer an apology. Our room was the annex on the bottom floor, which was dirty. There were small hairs on the night stand and several small hairs in the bathtub. We had to plug the drain due to an earwig problem. There were several dead bugs in the light shade in the bathroom. This was the only negative experience we had on our trip.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Toni M
ComeFromAway98, Owner at Come From Away B&B Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

I am sorry, you are obviously confussed, there is no time to sit down with feet up and drink wine especially when quests are being booked in. As for the earwigs, they do not come out the drain. If you managed to get them in there you killed them, thanks.
All surfaces are cleaned and wiped down after each guest leaves,
The hairs is news to me, I shall pay more attention incase a hair gets away from me next time. I appologise for them.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

The wonderful ladies at the Vistors Bureau got us a room at this B&B Inn, called Come From Away - one with a small patio going out onto a perfectly maintained lawn leading to the bulk head at the edge of the Bay of Fundy. For our last night, after two full weeks in Nova Scotia, this was perfect. Come From Away is in walking distance to town, a short drive to the Saint John Ferry, and right on the Bay of Fundy, for any tidal-watchers that might be in your crowd. The room was, clean, new and very comfortable. We checked in just before a beautiful early-October sunset and low tide … at the start of the lobster season, so there was lots to watch. The innkeeper recommended that we be down for breakfast by 6:30 a.m. so we could be underway shortly after 7:00 a.m. for the 8:00 a.m. departure of the ferry.

The sun wasn't even thinking about showing itself when we walked into the main house, to the aromas of coffee, fresh baked bread and bacon! What a delightful way to start the day. We would stay here again at every opportunity. The innkeepers are friendly and very helpful and you just cannot beat this location, the view, and the price!

Room Tip: There's a new building near the water with a ground floor room with a patio, we recommend it.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CDWBridgehampton

Thanks for your stay. It is great when the guests can slow down and see the beauty of Digby and surrounding areas.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The cabins at the back of the hotel are spacious and very well equipped, very comfortable beds, the breakfast was very good, ordered as required, right on the main street but Quiet. handy for the ferry to New Brunswick.

Room Tip: cabins to rear very good, family cabin available also to rear.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert W
ComeFromAway98, Owner at Come From Away B&B Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Thank you for your stay and your review, Nova Scotia and specifically the Digby area is very attractive. Our guests and their responses is what makes this business worth while.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

What a great find! The view from the upstairs end room is fantastic!! Joe prepared a fabulous breakfast - the BEST homemade bread. I had to kick my husband under the table - I thought he was going to eat the entire loaf!! The inn is within walking distance to downtown Digby. The upstairs room was not available for one of the two days we were visiting and Joe offered to take our luggage upstairs on the second day while we were whale watching so that we could spend the second day in the room I wanted. Joe and Sharon were excellent hosts. We loved everything about this inn and I can not imagine anyone being disappointed.

Room Tip: The two room looking over the bay are worth every penny - one of the best views in Nova Scotia.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank letsgonow1957

Thank you for your stay and your review. We understand guest have limited time and there is much to see and do, thus we do what we can to make their stay really enjoyable.

Reviewed 16 October 2013

This B&B was our only negative experience of our whole road trip through 3 provinces and I have never written a negative review here before but I relied on trip advisor to book places for the trip and I need to share my disappointment with Come From Away. First off, the location is great and the views are beautiful. When we showed up though we were told we definitely did not have reservations. I said that I did book a room and there was no offer to even look into a possible mistake until I produced the printed confirmation from the car. No apology was given, just a look to her husband that implied it was his fault. It was weird to not be believed as most of the place was empty, specifically the room we reserved. The heater banged away all night and when I told the owner in the morning that there was an ear wig problem in our room and we were just going to leave early there was no sorry about your experience or anything and clearly the ear wig situation was no surprise.

Room Tip: Our room was in the annex on the bottom floor, maybe avoid this to avoid the earwigs
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cansnow S

Thank you for your review, there are however a few problems with what was stated. When the guest arrived there were several parties wanting to book in and there was a moment of confusion, but that was straightened out there and then. The guest did indicated that their previous stay at a different B&B was a negative experience and they had difficulty proving their reservation. That did not happen here. As for the heating system banging away, it can not happen here as the heating system is part of the air conditioner in the room. It has been a wet summer and the guest did mention seeing an earwig. Please understand we do everything possible to keep all the little creatures out of the rooms, one does not want to spray excessively as many people are very sensitive to the poison and the scent from these substances. There was an apology that morning and an extra effort was made not to have this repeated in any of the rooms. I try to do everything I am able in order to rectify any issues that inevitably arise from time to time during the running of a service based business as the comfort of each guest is very important to me. Please accept my sincere apology.  Thank you,  Joe van Heerden, Owner & Operator of Come from Away Inn.