“Great B&B in Digby”

Ranked #4 of 14 Digby B&B and Inns
Chicago, Illinois
“Great B&B in Digby”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

On a two week tour of Nova Scotia/PEI we booked the "Come from Away" as a convenient stopping place...but it turned out to be much more.

Clean, efficiently run place, it also features breath taking views of the Annapolis Bay, and a front row seat to the wild Bay of Fundy tides that surge 30 feet every six hours in Digby. Quite an amazing display to Mother Nature's power, right off the B&B's back lawn.

A couple of nice restaurants are located in town and Innkeepers Sharon and Joe could not have been more helpful with local directions and things to see. The included breakfast was great, too!

• Stayed July 2014
ComeFromAway98, Owner at Come From Away B&B Inn, responded to this review, 16 May 2015
Thanks for your stay and review, it is truly appreciated. The tides are going every day, we even had a few tidal surges. hope to be of service to you in the future.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Outstanding view. We had the Crows Nest suite with its own balcony facing the water.
The accommodations were super clean and comfortable, breakfast was delicious and the inn keepers friendly and helpful.
Highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thanks for your stay and review. Hope we can be of service to you in the future.
Bowmanville, ontario
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed two nights at this B&B and we did it right! Everyone is always in a rush and I encourage you to take advantage of what "Come from Away" has to offer! First things first, there is a large grassy area behind the main house, with beautiful views of the Bay of Fundy and lovely chairs to sit in and absorb this beauty! We were up at 6:30 every morning enjoying the peace and tranquility with a coffee in hand watching the fishing boats go in the distance. Don't sleep in, enjoy! One afternoon we sat out the back on a blanket and enjoyed a glass of wine. The tide was in! The location is great. Walking distance to town which was helpful walking off the seafood chowder lobster roll and coconut cream pie at one of the local restaurants. We will definitely be back, wonderful hospitality and our hosts are super nice!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank TobyMary
Thank you for your stay and review. The sunrises have been spectacular thus far. A fire pit has been installed so my guests can enjoy and relax even more!
cartersville
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Come from Away B&B, during our 3 week trip we found this to be the most relaxing place we stayed at. We were fortunate to have stayed in the Crows Nest which afforded us a wonderful view of the Annapolis basin. The room was very clean and comfortable, but it was the view that made the room so memorable. We were able to watch the boats come and go from the dock, and experience the changing of the tides. As the B&B is located downtown on the waterfront, it allowed us to walk to most restaurants and sites in Digby. Joe, Sharon and Todd helped make our stay very enjoyable. Joe and Sharon were very helpful in making suggestions as what to do around Digby, and the surrounding area. Joe prepared breakfast , and may I say he does it very well. Sharon is an excellent hostess; she had the breakfast room setup so it was very inviting. As for Todd, the house dog, he is the old man of the house; he is gentle and adds to the décor. Digby is a very quaint town with a history that I found to be charming, and a place made for relaxing. When we were not walking around, I found driving in and around Digby simple and easy. There are sufficient tourist activities to do, as well as several restaurants to choose from. Definitely a place I would go back to.

Room Tip: The crows nest offers the best view.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mikeb-GA
Thank you for your visit and review. We look forward to be of service to you when you return.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

How great to find this little gem in Digby Nova Scotia.. the owner couldn`t have been more accommodating for our two night stay.The lovely upstairs end room overlooking the Bay of Fundy and cooked breakfast we had at an early hour was no problem so we could make the ferry back to New Brunswick.
Highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank majen60
ComeFromAway98, Owner at Come From Away B&B Inn, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Thanks for your stay, catching the ferry can be tricky and I do what I can to help my guests on their way and start the day right.
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I just finished my first stay at Come from Away, but it certainly won't be my last visit. Gracious hosts, a lovely B&B in a perfect location, a comfortable, well-appointed room, and delicious breakfasts all added up to a perfect choice!

As a solo traveler in the off season, I sometimes find that I don't always receive top service in many locations. Quite the opposite, in this case. I arrived late on a cold and blustery winter's night. Before I was even out of the car, Joe, the owner of Come From Away, was there to help me with my bags and to carry them up to my room for me.

Check in was handled in a very friendly manner and was a breeze. Communication was excellent.

My room was a lovely room at the top of the stairs in the main house. It suited my needs perfectly and had a nice, modern en suite bathroom with all the essentials I needed. As a wintertime traveler, I was pleased to see that my room had its own thermostat which allowed me to adjust it to a comfortable sleeping temperature on the blustery nights that I stayed there. The bed and bedding were both very comfortable and I slept well both nights of my stay.

Breakfasts were perfect! I ate such filing and wonderful breakfasts that I didn't need to stop for lunch while traveling. The food was delicious, hot, and presented beautifully. You won't go hungry here...that's for sure!

All in all, a truly delightful experience. I will gladly recommend Come From Away to family and friends.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Thanks for your stay, it is great to have guests in the winter. The rooms in the house are great and I try and make them attractive to my guests.
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 29 December 2013

My friend wrote a negative review about this B&B & the owners had the nerve to lie about what actually occurred. When we arrived the owners were sitting in the living room with their feet up drinking white wine. We were the only people checking in at the time so I'm not sure how they can say it was busy. They didn't believe we had a reservation until she showed the print out and then didn't even offer an apology. Our room was the annex on the bottom floor, which was dirty. There were small hairs on the night stand and several small hairs in the bathtub. We had to plug the drain due to an earwig problem. There were several dead bugs in the light shade in the bathroom. This was the only negative experience we had on our trip.

Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Toni M
I am sorry, you are obviously confussed, there is no time to sit down with feet up and drink wine especially when quests are being booked in. As for the earwigs, they do not come out the drain. If you managed to get them in there you killed them, thanks.
All surfaces are cleaned and wiped down after each guest leaves,
The hairs is news to me, I shall pay more attention incase a hair gets away from me next time. I appologise for them.