“Delightful dinner in Digby!”
Review of Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe - CLOSED

Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe
Price range: US$4 - US$26
Cuisines: Canadian, American
Good for: Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: OPEN JUNE 1st, 2015. NOT OPEN FOR LUNCH. Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe offers made to order breakfast, including a seared Digby scallop omelette and poached eggs with smoked salmon, open Tue-Sun., Closed Monday. Dinner service is Tue-Sun. We offer a four course fixed price menu serving local produce and fresh seafood. We strive to keep everything local. You have your choice of starter, salad, main course,home-made dessert selection, tea or coffee. Please bring your own wine, as we are not licensed. Please call in advance to reserve table. We are unable to accept email reservations.
Ottawa, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delightful dinner in Digby!”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I have wanted to try this restaurant for a couple of years but decided to go for it when we had visitors in our Digby summer retreat. We wished we had tried it sooner (we did try for dinner previously but this place is popular so you pretty well have to make a reservation). We had the Prix fixe dinner for $35. As other reviewers have indicated, this is a great deal as the food is fresh, beautifully prepared and presented, and features the seafood that this beautiful part of Nova Scotia is known for, including Digby scallops. The extras (blueberry sorbet with vodka and the lovely plate of crackers and three types of dips with olives) were top notch and you can bring your own wine for a $5 corkage fee. Our guests were blown away by the food and the service, especially from Tony, one part of the husband and wife team that runs the restaurant. Margaret and Tony come around and chat with the guests so you feel like you are in their house. We cannot recommend this place highly enough. If you are ever in Digby, you have to try this place. It is a real find among the town's seafood restaurants that are heavy on the deep fried seafood and french fries.

1 Thank Shanti I

San Diego, California
“Excellent little restaurant!”
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Wonderful family owned restaurant. Love the daily specials and the homemade food. Good pricing and great location in the town of Digby. Would definitely eat here again.

Visited August 2014
Savannah, Georgia
“Terrific Meal”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We had an outstanding meal tonight at Mag Pyes Bakery Shoppe and Cafe. They serve a 4 course prix fixe menu for $35.00 (this includes homemade bread and sorbet). This meal is an absolute steal!! The food is outstanding: strong and bold flavors. I would recommend: the mussels, the ceviche, the lobster. The seafood dishes are very strong. They charge a $5 corkage fee. We tried to eat there last evening, but they were having a private party. I would recoommend eating there at least once during your stay, if not twice. They also serve breakfast and run a Bed and Breakfast Inn called Holdsworth House and breakfast is included. The wait staff and owners are accomodating and very kind. Next time I will pass on Digby Pines and head there....it's an absolute steal and a great find!

Visited August 2014
Centreville, Canada
“Surprising excellent dinner”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife and I very much enjoyed an excellent dinner this evening. While enjoying a drive in the area, we decided to try a local restaurant on short notice. We were able to get a quick reservation on short notice; this just so happened to be the only opening for the evening and also the first dinner. They have a fixed price four course dinner with a reasonable amount of selection - four seafood, a shrimp, halibut, salmon and scallop; two meat, a pork and beef; lobster; and vegetarian choices. We had the scallop and salmon that both excellent. We also selected the fresh tomato soup and mussels with tomato sauce that were both excellent. The salads were both excellent - pear with blue cheese, as well another. Surprises were: the bread, pate and humus that was excellent: the lemon/blueberry sorbet with vodka that was tasty andrefreshing. The excellent desserts we selected were the bread pudding with fresh made caramel sauce and the plentiful serving of blueberry crisp. The only disappointment was that I noticed our servings of the sorbet were noticeably smaller than quests at near table. Service was prompt and courteous.

New England
“What a fantastic meal!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I made reservation a week ago based on the great things I read about Mag Pyes. We enjoyed a wonderful meal at the restaurant. They truly want you to enjoy your dining experience and did not rush you out. During our meal, there were 3 other parties served and I believe only one table turned over during the 2 hours we were there. The staff was so friendly and the meal was great. All 4 in our party raved about the meal. The appetizer pate and hummus was delicious followed by the best tomato soup I have ever had. It was thick and flavorful more like a bisque than a soup. I then had a scallop cerviche followed by lobster served in a ginger lime broth. Wow. The side dishes were great also. I rolled out of MagPyes after a bread pudding with caramel sauce. Portions were very generous, but I somehow finished it all. Nothing buy high praise for this lovely spot.